TracFone / adding airtime to nokia md#1100

Memphis, TN, United States Review updated:
2.5
Through Tracfone I bought a Nokia Md#1100 phone in 2004. Service was great other than the fact that it boiled down to an expensive .50 cents a minute. For the last several months I have not been able to add airtime directly into the phone. I would have to call the service reps and go through the multiple code entries to get the airtime added. Each time they would tell me the phone had to be "Reprogrammed". And when I got low on airtime and tried to add directly through the phone the same issue came up each time. I became so frustrated I emailed several complaints. Each time I was issued a case number and each time this issue was never resolved. The last email I sent I told them I wanted to speak to a bonified person about this, not a form mail. I never got a response from them and I ended up going with "iwirelesshome" a division of T-Mobile. It is digital service and not analog like Tracfone. There is a special offered at the Kroger grocery stores here in Memphis. You buy the phone with a 500 minute card inside the box. They give you aa very nice LG color screen phone with voice dial feature and you are actually buying the 500 minute card and getting the phone for free. Service and coverage is pretty good and only .10 cents a minute all day until April 1st 2008. After that it goes to .25 cents a minute between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM and .10 cents a minute all other time. Still less costly than Tracfone and a nicer phone to top it all off. I wish someone would sue the pants off Tracfone and put them out of business for good.

Comments

Ke
  30th of Nov, 2008
I strongly agree with this complaint. It was like I wrote the complaint myself

TracFone Wireless Logo TracFone Wireless