TP Performance Life/Pure Acai Berry / unwanted e-letter/pure acai berry

POBox 971090Orem, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-289-8740
This company is a HUGE scam. After agreeing to the "free" trial of Pure Acai Berry, I was shipped another bottle and billed $74.95. I spoke to a customer support person(that's a joke) who said that I could return the unopened bottle for a full credit and that my account would be cancelled. Well, lo and behold, on August 22nd- almost a full month after cancelling, I was billed $5.95 for a news letter (e-letter) which I never asked for. I ripped into Jason (no last name...how convenient.) Supposedly, I will be getting a call for the supervisor, Sue-oh yes, no last name. Oh by the way, I still haven't received a credit for the returned product. Major lesson learned.

Comments

La
  27th of Aug, 2008
i order a sample for 4.00 and change, i check my bank statement and they charged me 74.76. plus the 4.00 and change when i first order. there is a number to call but you doesnt work. i called the bbb and i am waiting to see what they will do.. how can they do this?
Be
  28th of Aug, 2008
i did not order this and dont want it please dont send and take the charge of 74.76off my bank please put the money back into my account phone 606-835-1436
Jd
  1st of Sep, 2008
I charged my charge card for $3.00 plus for a sample of colon cleanse for which I took the first dose and it made me sick. I threw the rest in the garbage can. Lo and behold I find that I have been charged $74 plus for more of the mess. I called for an
authorization to return, got a number and returned it with the bottle untouched. In a month, I call to find out about the refund, and was told that the bottle had been opened and some of the pills had been used. That is a LIE, but that's what they do to keep from refunding money. The bottle was not opened by me anyway because I didn't want the mess. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, THE COMPANY IS A SCAM BUSINESS. I have
disputed the charge on my credit card, but we'll see what happens. The company should be prosecuted!!!
Vw
  30th of Sep, 2008
I purchased a sample for $4.87. The agreement stated that if I did not like to product, I had 10 days to try. I received another bottle within less than 5 days of the receipt of the sample and my card was charged $79.76. I returned the product the same day and called my cc company. I received an email from ES Performance Life advising that a refund was being processed. I then received an additional charge on my account for $5.87. I again disputed the charges and this time cancelled the cc and requested a new number. The new charge showed up as T P Performance Life.

This company definitely has a scam going on. I am just glad that I did not use my bank card instead of my AMEX.

When you cancel the plan under the terms and conditions, you have to cancel both the monthly newsletter and the monthly automatic shipments.
Vw
  30th of Sep, 2008
Of course, when you order you are advised that you are under no additional obligations.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
L89 Nutrition, LLC
Last Modified: August 18, 2008
By purchasing the sample of our product for four dollars and eighty seven cents including shipping and handling through the "Try It Now" offer, you will be given a period of ten days to try the product. Ten days after you order your sample, you will be automatically enrolled in our convenient home delivery plan. You will be billed seventy nine dollars and seventy six cents and our product will be sent to you. We will supply you with our product every month thereafter, and your credit card will be billed seventy nine dollars and seventy six cents per month. You can cancel at any time during the ten day trial period by unsubscribing at our website at http://acai.performanceproductsusa.com/contact.php?cmd=unsubscribe_form with no further obligations. Limit of one trial sample per household. If, at any time thereafter, you wish to cancel the convenient home delivery plan, you may unsubscribe at our website at http://acai.performanceproductsusa.com/contact.php?cmd=unsubscribe_form with no further obligations. Please note that orders can take up to seventy-two (72) hours from the actual time of purchase to be inserted into our database. Please allow up to seventy-two (72) hours before attempting to cancel your order. Please allow up to 2 to 3 weeks to receive your promotional order or any monthly orders from our home delivery plan.

Any and all offers that are attached to this offer as an up-sell and/or additional sale opportunity will follow the same continuity T&C as this product you are presently purchasing. The cost of the upsell product will be twenty nine dollars and seventy six cents. The upsell will be a trial basis of 20 days. You many cancel your services at any time by submitting an email to our Support Services support@supportservicesofutah.com.

You are also enrolling in our monthly online Newsletter and we will bill your credit card five dollars and eighty seven cents per month for the subscription. If you are not satisfied with the information provided to you through our newsletter, you may cancel this service at any time by unsubscribing at our website at http://acai.performanceproductsusa.com/contact.php?cmd=newsletter_unsubscribe_form with no further obligations.

Return Policy. We will credit one returned unopened product per customer if received within 30 days of the purchase of the trial sample. No returns are credited after 30 days from the order date of the trial product. Merchandise must be returned at customer's expense. Absolutely no returns are credited for opened or partially used products. The sample's shipping charge is non-refundable. In the event that the product arrives damaged, please email our Customer Service Department via our contact page within 48 hours. DO NOT DISPOSE OF ANY DAMAGED PRODUCTS OR PACKAGING until you contact Customer Service for instructions, as we may require return of the damaged goods. In these situations we will promptly send a replacement product and a pre-paid return label to return the damaged merchandise.

No refunds on any packages that come back "Return to Sender".

Please return all product to:
PO BOX 971090, Orem, UT 84097, United States

Modifications to Services. L89 Nutrition reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (or any part thereof) and/or the Newsletter with or without notice. You agree that L89 Nutrition shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.

No resale of Services or News Letter. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the service or Newsletter or use of the service, or access to the Services.

Acceptance of Agreement. Your access to and use of the L89 Nutrition, LLC website (the "Site") is subject to the following terms and conditions which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. You may review the most current version of the terms and conditions at any time at http://acai.performanceproductsusa.com/contact.php?cmd=terms.as well as the Site's posted privacy policy and acceptable use policy. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept and agree to, without limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions, privacy policy, acceptable use policy and acknowledge that any other agreements between you and L89 Nutrition, LLC are superseded and of no force or effect with respect to your access and use of the Site.
Lo
  15th of Oct, 2008
I have purchased a sample product and canceled the home delivery and newsletter and still I am being charged $5.87 monthly which service was never rendered. I have e-mailed several time and called the customer service and produced no result. The product did not deliver as promised. If this is a legitimate business, your customer service need definitely needs improvement and stop charging customer for product they no longer receive.
Sy
  27th of Oct, 2008
Did you charge my account for these pills. If you did I am not paying, I can't take this and you take it off now. Sylvia Prussack

Reference number 2025253399