Toys r us / terrible service and inconvenience

I placed an on-line order on 7/9/06 for a baby shower gift which I would need to receive by 7/21/06. The web site stated that the gift would be shipped within 2 – 3 days and with regular ground service would take 7 days for shipping.

Not having received my order by 7/18/06, I sent and email inquiry and called customer service. The customer service representative indicated that the gift had not yet been shipped. I expressed concern, as I needed the gift by 7/21/06. I provided the same information in my email inquiry. The customer service representative said she would send a notice to have the gift shipped “overnight” and that this shipping would be of no cost to me. She said she would send email verification to me.

When I did not receive the gift the next day, did not received that promised email verification, and still had not gotten an email response to my email inquiry, I called again. The customer service representative said that she could not access my account and that I should call back another time.

The next day, today, 7/20/06, one day away from the baby shower, I called once again. The customer service representative told me that the package still had not shipped and assured me that it would be shipped out ground service in the next few days. I explained my situation and what I had been told. She told me that I would have not been told that it would be “overnighted”, as they do not do that.

At this point, I asked for a supervisor. The supervisor, Ryan, said that the gift had not yet been shipped, but that it was a high priority and would ship in the next few days. I told him that would do me no good, as I needed it the next day and expressed my extreme dissatisfaction with Babies R Us. After 9 days when the package was stated to ship in 2 to 3 days and had not yet left the warehouse, no one had the courtesy to send me an email or to even respond to my email inquiry. I am also dissatisfied that I was given misleading information. Had I been given accurate information, I would have had time to purchase a gift for the baby shower which is tomorrow.

Additionally, when I told Ryan to cancel my order, he said there was no guarantee that he would be able to do that and if I receive it, I would only need to take it to the post office and attach the label for free return shipping.

This is absolutely terrible service. I ordered an item 2 evenings ago from Dicks Sporting Goods, ground service, and it arrived on my porch today.

After all this, upon writing this letter, I just received email notification that this gift has been shipped. I have never been more disgusted with a merchant.

If I receive this gift, after I have requested cancellation of my order, I am going to dispute the charges on my credit card and someone from Babies R Us can come to my home when it is convenient for me, and pick up the gift.

I am appalled at the terrible service and inconvenience this has caused me.

A  4th of Dec, 2006 by
I am EXTREMELY frustrated! I went to the Toys R Us website to buy a few gifts. My first negative EVERYTHING I went to buy was "temporarily unavailable" I literally spent 45 minutes trying to find something for 3 kids! I should not have to search and search for 45 minutes to simply find a few items. I wasn't even looking for "hot" items, just run of the mill stuff. My original intent was to find MANY items for each child, but I could NOT even find one for each child. I called your customer service rep and explained my problem, and told her that I was VERY frustrated. For my inconvenience I was able to get free shipping, but I was not ready to place my order yet, so she said to call back and give her name "Ashley R. in Wisconsin" and that she had spoke to her supervisor and all would be OK. So I went out to dinner with my family, came back and called..when I went to place my order, the guy was like Hmmm>I am going to have to as! k my supervisor about this. Comes back and says there is more to it to get free shipping then giving me a reps name & location. That they were unprofessional in doing so. He said he would have to run it by a supervisor again, put me on hold, came back and asked for my name & if I ever ordered from TRU before, put me on hold again, came back and said he wasn't able to get a supervisor yet did I want to hold, I said yes, I want to get this rectified. He said I would put a request in to research this issue, and that someone would get back to me with in 48-72 hours. I was like WHAT? This defeats my purpose her...to SIMPLY find gifts for 3 children. I said well I've waited this long, I'll wait my turn to talk to a supervisor. He checked back with me 2 more times and asked if I still wanted to hold..at this point he said well, I don't even think a supervisor is here, and that he was really sorry. I have a timer on my phone and at this point I had been ! on the phone & on hold for 58 minutes and 57 seconds. How! is that for ridiculous! Here I am a customer with 3 kids who spends TONS of money each year on my children and other friends & family explaining that all I wanted to do was to buy a few gifts online to make it easier on me as my youngest is a newborn, and at one of the largest toys stores online store I cannot even achieve that. I have been shopping online for years, as well as at a few of your competitors, and have NEVER had this many problems! I would seriously share my story with friends after what I have been through here.
A  5th of Dec, 2006 by
I ordered a Jump Smart Trampoline on 11/21/06. On 11/29/06 I received the Blue Man Group Keyboard Experience. I called the 800# and was told not to worry they wouldn't charge me shipping to return the wrong item. I inquired as to when I would get the right item and was told that I would be contacted in 2-3 days when they could research it. I asked to speak to a manager and was given the 866# to the corporate office. Victor told me the same thing--basically nothing. On 12/1 I called back and was informed by Kristen that I had to send back the item I didn't order and then I would get a refund of the complete order item and shipping. When I reordered the item I would get free shipping. This was completely different than my phone calls of 11/29. She offered to place the request to pick up the item I didn't order. It is now 12/4/06, the item is still here, my card has been charged and not one person from Toys r Us has contacted me. I have no idea what is going on with my order and I don't think Toys r Us does either!

Toys Toys "R" Us