Toyota...'08 Solara / Terrible design!

Cockeysville, MD, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: 443-318-4371
I had happily owned an '02 Solara from Toyota, bought new, until I was pummeled by a truck running a stop sign, and the car was deemed totaled. I went out to purchase the same car in the '08 version. Paid the same price.

The difference in style, peformance, and design was much different (worse than) my original Solara. I can not see the hood of my car from the driver's seat. There is a definite vibration on the road..not present in the '02 model. the '02 Solara drove like a big car... smooth as silk, no vibrations. The '08 is bereft of window visibility compared to the '02. The rear back windows are tiny.

Look at and compare the sleek, low cut design of the '02 and it appears much more sophisticated and low cut than the '08... more dynamic looking. From the '08's side view, it looks like a big red brick wall with no accents... much bigger than the '02. But it does not give off the dynamic appearance that my old '02 did. I say again that the drive is not nearly as smooth as the earlier edition.

It is difficult to adjust outside mirrors so that there is not a blind spot in the '08. Whatever I do, there is a blind spot. I'm sorry that I bought the car. It took me three days to recognize its' inferiority to the '02 Solara that I was thrilled with, and hoped to use for the rest of my days.

Comments

De
  25th of Jan, 2008
I have a 2007 Toyota Solora convertible that has a little over 11,000 miles on it. The car was bought new. The car is pulling to the right and we have taken it in and the service department advised Toyota has a service bullentin on the car pulling to the right and began to try and correct the problem. Ultimately the service department put new tires on my car however it is STILL PULLING to the right. The service manager at Bill Penney Toyota is saying that the problem is corrected, and me the driver and consumer is saying no, the car still pulls to the right. HELP!!! Arbitration is the next process and I thought Toyota was superior on customer service and customer quality. This is a problem from production and a car with 11k miles on it should still drive like new, this car drives like it is trying to pull you into the right hand side of the road, whether that be a ditch, a telephone pole or another car. This is ridiculous and I hope to have assurance that the problem will be corrected through Toyota. I am very disappointed in my car.
Jo
  11th of May, 2008
i am having the same problem with the '08 Solara pulling to the right. The car has been in for service two times with nohope in sight of being fixed. I was told the regonal service tech has been called.

I will keep you posted.