Toyota...'08 Solara / terrible design!
I had happily owned an '02 Solara from Toyota, bought new, until I was pummeled by a truck running a stop sign, and the car was deemed totaled. I went out to purchase the same car in the '08 version. Paid the same price.
The difference in style, peformance, and design was much different (worse than) my original Solara. I can not see the hood of my car from the driver's seat. There is a definite vibration on the road..not present in the '02 model. the '02 Solara drove like a big car... smooth as silk, no vibrations. The '08 is bereft of window visibility compared to the '02. The rear back windows are tiny.
Look at and compare the sleek, low cut design of the '02 and it appears much more sophisticated and low cut than the '08... more dynamic looking. From the '08's side view, it looks like a big red brick wall with no accents... much bigger than the '02. But it does not give off the dynamic appearance that my old '02 did. I say again that the drive is not nearly as smooth as the earlier edition.
It is difficult to adjust outside mirrors so that there is not a blind spot in the '08. Whatever I do, there is a blind spot. I'm sorry that I bought the car. It took me three days to recognize its' inferiority to the '02 Solara that I was thrilled with, and hoped to use for the rest of my days.
More Toyota...'08 Solara Complaints & Reviews
- Toyota corolla 141 - low fuel consumption rate 
- Toyota Vios - engine knocking sound 
- Toyota International Lotto (Headquarter), japan - no response regarding toyota car international promotion program 
- Toyota Lottery Award - scam lottery! 
- Toyota / MMT Gearbox - dishonest sales tactics - advertising and selling vehicles equipped with mmt gearbox as automatic 
- Toyota Motor Corporation - Sales service
- Toyota Motor Corporation - title deed on a vehicle I paid in full.
- Toyota Motor Corporation - damaged car battery service and no support provided
- Toyota Motor Corporation - poor customer service
- Toyota Motor Corporation - service department at toyota of orange, california