Toyota Vios 2014less standard features less safety features poor quality

Toyoda Akio

Chief Engineer Matsuda Takeshi

Managing Officer Fukui Hiroyuki

Deputy Chief Engineer Suzuki Takamoto

Toyota has to bear full responsibility for my safety and be responsibility for the quality of my Toyota Vios.

On 18 Oct 2013 evening at about 5:00 am, I was driving on wet road in the highway and when I avoided some problem on the road, my Vios skidded completely out of control. It almost ended my life !

This is my first accident since I started driving in 1998 but this also led to the lost of my first favourite car, 2009 Vios, which was completely destroyed.

At the time of accident, when my Vios skidded completely out of control, my eyes was wide open seeing the whole process of car spinning on the road and it almost fell into the deep cliff. This was what I encountered personally at the edge of death experience!

Very lucky I did not get killed in this accident.

I know that all this while Toyota has been in the best of reputation in the market and loved by many people, and I was one of them, so my second car selection in 2014 was the new Vios which I deliberately chose the highest specifications, the TRD Sportivo version.

On 9 Feb 2014, I was driving my brand new Vios in Malaysia Cameron Highlands which almost led to a second accident.

In the early morning, after drinking Starbuck Coffee I was going back from Tanah Rata to Brinchang when the temperature was so cold with cold wind blowing around and there was also light rain.

(throughout the year average daily minimum temperature is 15oC)

I ran into the car in the cold and wet and did not wind down the window or turn on the air-cond. Driving half way on the road suddenly the windscreen became so misty that I sat in front of the steering wheel in the car totally cannot view through the windows and front windscreen for the surrounding situations. At that moment I could not find the Front Demister switch, immediately I pressed the Hazard Light and halted on the roadside. In that location between Tanah Rata and Brinchang there are no street lights but winding mountain road, behind my car there could follow other cars or heavy vehicles or could be travelling in the danger zone of the mountain cliff.

At that time my situation was so dangerous, can you imagine what will be the consequences?

Because of this eventuality, what I intended for leisure in Cameron to relax on vacation with a happy mood was completely destroyed.

After the unfortunate accident back in 2013 and the 2014 bad experience in Cameron highlands, I later discovered that you are selling in the Malaysia market and what I now drive, the high price new 2013 highest Vios specifications TRD Sportivo was not installed with Vehicle Stability Control. Toyota referred to it as VSC which is the next most important safety feature after the Seat Belt. http://www.toyota-global.com/innovation/safety_technology/safety_technology/technology_file/active/vsc.html(VSC is the crucial safety feature which according to the FIA and global NCAP, is the second most important safety feature after seatbelts) extracts from Live life Drive.

______________________

Even the most basic car in the Malaysia market will have Front Demister but the highest Toyota Vios TRD Sportivo has no such device, on the Dashboard you can only see superficial Windscreen Front Demister outlets but without any function.

Here I emphasize again that Toyota must understand that existing Vios users has the existence of all these risks, I strongly urge that my existing car must have VSC active safety systems as well as Front Demister Function. http://blog.carlist.my/2014/11/news/global-ncap-dont-buy-cars-without-esc/

______________________

I am a person that enjoy driving my own car to travel around with family and friends, travelling on North-South highway from Johor Bahru to Penang. I do not want my existing Toyota Vios with no VSC in the active safety features to bring me and my family the third accident!

____________________________________________

Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)

Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) is a system that helps prevent side skids and help stabilize the vehicle while turning on a curve. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) report, vehicles equipped with VSC compared to those without can effectively reduce single-vehicle accidents by 35 % (Toyota website)

Why Toyota in their own web pages mentioned about the VSC, TRC and other active safety features on how good, how important they are, but in the Vios car models these safety features do not appear? I hope Toyota will seriously care about every Vios user’s life on the road, essential safety and protection assurance.

Now I also want to let the Toyota know that my Toyota Vios has been having quality issue since the beginning, that is, around the position of the front wheels, over almost every hump or uneven road surface, even when going at speed of less than 40Kmh there is unusual ‘Knocking Sound’.

Since first time driving this new car and since it's 1st Servicing, I had raised this issue, and your technical staff also told me that the car did have this problem, and I've tried my best to work with your Service Centre many times, went back to do the repair and replacement of parts. Until today UMW Toyota Malaysia still has no way to solve this quality problem, each time said done and too soon the problem came back and repeated again many times.

I do not want to spend so much money including bank interest of over RM100, 000 = USD28, 000 to buy a 1.5 litre car that is unsafe and QC defective from TOYOTA.

I am now having my high specification Vios TRD Sportivo which I have completely lost confidence. Whether in the city or highway driving in the rain on wet road in particular, there has not been any sense of safety.

How in the coming days, I should continue to use this car ?
I find it difficult to convince myself and recommend it to family members, relatives or friends, which I used to say how good are Toyota cars, more durable and safe, as now what TOYOTA initially emphasized to customers the assurance of safety with quality, is extremely a disappointment.

TOYOTA MALAYSIA up to now have been delaying and wasting my time and mental energy, I would like to see that Toyota, by March 2015, make a series of improvements to the problems I am currently facing as mentioned above.

I will publicly announced all these issues, if TOYOTA does not satisfactorily solve the problems of my car!

Quote: Akio Toyoda, president ofToyotaMotor Corporation emphasized, “I would like to point out here that Toyota's priority has traditionally been the following: First; Safety, Second; Quality, and Third; Volume. These priorities became confused, and we were not able to stop, think, and make improvements as much as we were able to before, and our basic stance to listen to customers' voices to make better products has weakened somewhat”. http://www.theguardian.com/business/2010/feb/24/akio-toyoda-statement-to-congress

18 Dec 2014 10:50am-12:15pm report to Toyota Malaysia ___________________________________________Reply from Toyota Malaysia

____________________________________________

I need TOYOTA JAPAN take seriously to solve my problems

Up to now UMW Toyota Malaysia did not do anything to solve my problems. Did Japan Toyota an sure UMW Toyota Malaysia seriously solve Toyota user problems.

Toyota Vios in the highest spec ( TRD sportivo ) sell in Malaysia RM93, 200.00 = USD26, 177.57 has no VSC no TRC no front Demister and has only 2 airbags, Thin car shell body noisy sounds from rooftop when drive in rainy day, and knocking sounds from front wheels when cross uneven road surface even low speed in below 40kmh. Already many times return to Toyota Malaysia during repair or replacement parts until now problems still have.

http://www.carbase.my/car-comparison?id=6ymcU00QGR, 1iyimeEm8e, 6vehbQXoit, 3ertCgE5w0,

Toyota Vios Japan named ( Belta )

Safety features VSC TRC more than 2 Airbags front Demister come as standard since 2009

Toyota Vios 2014