Toyota of New Bern / unnecessary repairs

New Bern, NC, United States
Phone: 637-7200

In June of 2012 I tool my car to the Toyota dealership and told them that I needed service on my air conditioner. I told them that I wanted them to check the evaporator. The service person called me back and told me that the evaporator was fine but that the condenser was bad. We got that fixed with some other minor thing to the tune of $2300+ . We left the dealership relieved that the problem was repaired. Well, one month later the AC stopped cooling and again, I had to take the car to the dealership. They ran dye through the system, replenished the coolant and stated that I should be good to go. Mind you this is in July. During the winter months I had no need for air. In the summer of 2013 I discover that the AC is not cooling again. I contact the dealership and take the car back a third time. This time it's a hose that needs to be replaced at a tune of $860. Okay by the end of the summer the AC has stopped cooling again and now my once happy smile is now a scowl. I take the car back this fourth time and now they tell me the evaporator is bad. I told the service manager that at this point I have invested too much money in this AC system to invest another $1800 on the evaporator when I could have replaced the whole entire system the first time for about $2800. Dealership will never be honest and admit that they don't know what the problem is, but they will repair something and continue to nickel, quarter, penny, dime you to death until you get fed up and broke and just go away. I love the Camrys but I WILL NOT buy one from them nor will I take my car back to them for them to repeat-repair.

Mc