Toyota, Camry / new car service dishonesty?
On April 17, 2010, we (me and my wife) went to the dealer since our car was recalled (Camry 2009). We left the car in the Toyota Workshop (10287 Fairfax Blvd., Fairfax, VA 22030, [protected]). We left the car for the fix and came back after 4 hours to pick it up.
When we were about to get into the car, we got confused whether it was our car since three hob caps were missing. But it was our car. We went to the supervisor and saw him, talked to him about it. The first sentence he said was "You didn't have the hub caps". I told him that we are pretty much sure we had the hub caps. He insisted that the car didn't have it as if we lied to them for hub caps where as we spent a pretty much good money on this car and would not feel morally good to bargain for 3 hob caps. This is simply not us.
We got frustrated and decided to talk to the upper management and we talked to him. He repeated the same thing as the first gentleman said. He additional said that he is ready to offer the hob caps with less money.
Since we know for sure we had the hob caps when we gave the car to the workshop, we didn't accept his offer, we feel that Toyota should be fully liable to the lost hob caps.
We came home frustrated with this bitter experience. However, it didn't surprise us much because when we gave the car for the first service, we were delivered a different car. They had to do the paperwork all over.
The loyalty to Toyota is resulting us to a bitter experience. I am now confused which Toyota workshop would be a reliable one where we don't lose the parts like hub caps.
I am posting this since I don't know where to complain this painful experience.
More Toyota, Camry Complaints & Reviews
- Toyota corolla 141 - low fuel consumption rate 
- Toyota Vios - engine knocking sound 
- Toyota International Lotto (Headquarter), japan - no response regarding toyota car international promotion program 
- Toyota Lottery Award - scam lottery! 
- Toyota / MMT Gearbox - dishonest sales tactics - advertising and selling vehicles equipped with mmt gearbox as automatic 
- Toyota Motor Corporation - rav4 negligent misrepresentation - wa state - toyota bellevue
- toyotalotto.thai1210signgmail.com - scam
- 2006 Toyota Corolla - clicks and jerks 
- Toyota Motor Corporation - toyota extra care vehicle service agreement application number ar621f
- Liberty Toyota Of Burlington, NJ - I have officially been degraded.