Toshiba Dlp Lamp / burned out lamp - won't honor warranty
The toshiba DLP lamps are supposed to last [protected] hours. Not even close. I've gone about 4000, then 3000, then about 300. The third lamp I bought was again a genuine Toshiba part, but they won't honor my warranty because I didn't pay enough for the lamp. I paid $142 on e-bay from a Toshiba registered retailer for a new lamp.
After 3 1/2 months the picture got dim and then about 1 hour later the bulb popped. Toshiba won't send me a new bulb because I didn't pay enough for the bulb I bought. Just another customer getting screwed. What do they care. The part is a Toshiba part, but they don't care. Some unpublished guideline at Toshiba.
Word of advice to all Toshiba DLP customers. When your bulb burns out under the short 6 month warranty period, make sure that reciept reads something closer to the $228 Toshiba charges and make sure it's from one of their authorized suppliers. Otherwise, Toshiba can't artificially keep the price of their crappy lamps so high... and they will screw YOU the customer.
Mark - Never buying another Toshiba product again
More Toshiba Dlp Lamp Complaints & Reviews
- Toshiba Satellite Notebook - toshiba notebook problems 
- Toshiba Satellite A135-s2276 - toshiba computers disregards lemon product issues 
- Toshiba - toshiba sucks! 
- Toshiba Satellite A210 - toshiba canada claims no responsibility 
- Toshiba / 40rf350u LCD TV - picture problem 
- Toshiba Corporation - television
- [Resolved] Toshiba Corporation - toshiba e-studio256
- Toshiba Corporation - refrigerator
- Toshiba Corporation - satellite radius p55w s/n 9e084897c
- Toshiba Corporation - toshiba laptop u920t