Toshiba America - Hd Dlp Projection Tv / toshiba is refusing to honor a new &engine light& faulty part

United States Review updated:
My husband and I purchase on July 28, 2006 a 62" HD DLP Projection TV. Around Sept 28 2006 there was a very loud "Humming Noise" Had placed numerous telephone calls to various authorized Toshiba Dealers and was finally able to get a repairman out to our residence on November 20,2006.

At that time the problem turned out to be a part that is referred to as "Light Engine par" It was not until January 2, 2007 that the new part was replaced. Then around January 27, 2007 I had to placed another call stating " the part that was replaced on January 2,2007 is making the same noise. A Toshiba Dealer representative from the same authorized dealer came back out on January 27, 2007 and verified that the part that had been replaced was also "Faulty" he was then going to request from the Toshiba Tech. Support Team for another part.

I received a telephone call from the dealer and was told that "Toshiba is refusing to honor a new "Engine Light" faulty part. I placed a telephone call directly to Toshiba Customer Service on January 29th and on the 31st I got a call back stating that Toshiba does not have to authorize the replacement part because we did not use an authorized sponsor dealership to buy our TV from.

I have even written Toshiba a long letter and also requested a Customer Service Manager to call me back. So Far no dice. Now I am surfing the Internet for addresses to send a letter too.

N  26th of Feb, 2007 by
Dear Consumers Defenders,

In the beginning of January (2sd Jan) I bought a new laptop TOSHIBA Satellite A105-S4384 – serial # Y6329363Q, in a Circuit City store # 846 – Gaithersburg – MD (Invoice # 084604307326).

After 16 days (Jan 18th), the computer’s system stopped working and I tried to exchange it in the store, but the store only exchanges until 14 days. But they saw the computer and told me that the HD was dead.

I called the TOSHIBA Warranty and had my first CASE # and orientation to reboot the computer with the restore discs inside the box. The computer worked, but in 1 week it showed the same problem.

I called TOSHIBA again and the orientation was the same: “restore the computer with the restore disks”. One more week and the computer was dead again.

I received the CASE # authorization to send it to an authorized service repair. I asked a friend to try the exchange, but we receive another CASE # (1-549-082-065) to repair it.

On Saturday, Feb 17th, I left the computer at RICHARDS COMPUTER – FAIRFAX (703-876-5355) - more than 17 miles far from my house. After 1 week, the computer was ready, with the order # 021113Z6C, by replacing the System Board and reinstalling factory software (more 17 miles to got it again).

When I arrived at home I tried to use it on the second time, I saw this message: “USERINIT.EXE – Application Error”. I called TOSHIBA again and I had the CASE # 1/553-738-968 on Sunday Feb 25th. I reinstalled the operational system two times with no success after more than 2 hours with the technical assistance by phone.

Since the first problem I have been trying to exchange the device, I mean, I don’t want my money back yet. I only want to have a new computer that I can work with. After all these days, I received another number CASE (# 1/553-802-710) with the orientation to try the exchange.

Today, after waiting for more than one hour on the phone, I could talk with Mr. John Mike and in the CASE # T1-95ZWD4 he wants to try repair the computer again. But now, I want a new one or my money back.

Next Friday, I’ll complete 2 months with this computer without using it, because it is only a problem in my life, and I paid almost $ 1 thousand for it.

I am sending this message to all the Companies and newspaper that I can imagine to aid me.

Toshiba Corporation Logo Toshiba Corporation