Tlg Great Fun / false charge on credit card

1 Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:

Tlc great fun charged 119.99 to my credit card. I called them [protected]) to find out who they are. they offer a discount card service. I never use discount cards. would never purchase one. I asked them how they got my card number. they told me I registered online with them using my credit card. that is a lie, I haven't used that credit card in over a month. apparently after they get this initial charge on your card they continue charging monthly for thier service until you catch it on your statement.

Comments

• Ar
      17th of May, 2008

I got ripped off by TLG too. I have no idea when I purchase anything with them or subribed for any services. Today I noticed my credit card was charged $11.99. On checking statements from the previous months, I realized this was happening for the past 5 months.

• Pa
      10th of Feb, 2009

Last January, I helped my parents buy 2 round trip flight tickets from Tulsa (Oklahoma) to New Orleans (Louisiana) and back. I volunteered to do that because I knew Price Line website and buying tickets with them we would save about fifty dollars. I paid online for those tickets with my bank card. Everything was OK until last week when I suddenly found out that eleven dollars had been charged on my bank account for some unknown reason and by an unknown person. With my bank's help, I called to number 866-584-2461 to know who did that bad thing and what the reason was. The lady who talked to me from that phone number told me I was charged for my membership with something called "TLG Great Fun". It was the first time I heard that name and you can imagine how angry I got then. She also told me I joined the membership at the time I bought the flight tickets from Price Line! When I said I had never done something like that, I didn't know her "TLG Great Fun" and wouldn't like to have any relation with it, the lady promised to cancel that "membership" and give me a refund. I felt OK and calmed myself down to wait... Two days later, I received a "refund check" from "TLG Great Fun" with a tiny line at the bottom, "By cashing or depositing this check, you're purchasing a membership." If you were I, would you cash or deposit that check? Then, I had to cancel my bank card immediately! One more thing I know from my Dad, when you buy tickets with Price Line, you cannot use a self-check-in computer at the airport because the paperwork they mailed you will be with no confirmation number (record locator)!

The above is from a young lady and she's a graduate, working for the management of a software company. She was still tricked ! So, who would be ready to purchase something online if they couldn't use computers proficiently or argue in English? If you need to know more about the victims of "TLG Great Fun", just visit this web page:
    COMPLAINTS BOARD
    Our questions are:

- In what way, can bank card information be "transferred" from Price Line (http://www.priceline.com) to "TLG Great Fun" like that?

- Is "TLG Great Fun" working legally? How can we know who those people are? How can we help the victims get back their stolen money? How can we stop the risks happening to online business every day and blocking its progress?
    My Bukisa - My eHow - Free Discount Drug Card - Net Move On! - Coupons, part of family income! - No Boss Job - I'm American. - Viet-Americans

• Pa
      10th of Feb, 2009

How can we find some help from the police to put these dirty guys to jail ? They deserve such a place !

• Mp
      27th of Feb, 2009

YES, it is a fraude////be careful, they are charging my credit card each month for $ 12.99. I called to my bank to cancell that amount

• Sc
      7th of Jan, 2010

These guys stick in fine letter some option under some travel website lite Hotwire or ORbitz.
    You need to call the above number (1-800-242-7771)) and get it canceled first and the contact support for the refund.

These guys will try to woo you with additional offers/rebates, but don't be fooled by that.

• Be
      10th of Mar, 2010

Ya they got me to for 9 payments of 11.99 a month. They went though the back door of another place that I give my card to. Becareful after you pay for something that you go click the wrong place giving them the approvel to get in on the tail.

• Lk
      19th of May, 2010

This place got me too. I thought it was something my husband was doing since he worked out of state a while and used the debit. Well when he came home we kept very good tabs on what each of us were using the debit card on. So I noticed this TLG great fun. I called and asked what it was. They said I went to this site called occassions.com and signed up. I went on that site and I have never seen it nor would I have bought anything from this site. I demanded a refund that I have yet to receive. So I went to my bank. The bad part is since I thought these charges were legit they got a ton of money out of me for like a year. I can only dispute up to 90 days with my bank. So I am writing a letter directly to these scammers to get my money back!