Tlg Great Fun 1-800-242-7771 CT / tlg great fun [protected] ct

Noticed an $11.99 charge on my online checking account website this morning that was authorized today, 10-24-07 and it's only 6:00a.m. I have no idea who TLG Great Fun is or what this charge is for -- I've never heard of them. The number listed on the account page said [protected] -- I called them and of course at this hour, they're closed and aren't available until 9:00a.m. I'm calling the bank to have this marked as an unauthorized debit and to list this as identity theft.

(Austin, Texas)

Kd

Comments

• Ka
      6th of Nov, 2007

I just woke up and had the same charge, but my bank account is not showing the whole number, and my bank is not yet opened. I am pretty pissed, now more pissed that I am not the only one. Thanks for posting. So now I know I am not crazy!

• Fr
      7th of Nov, 2007

This is an affiliate of Orbitz. If you ever click at the offers at the end of booking something from Orbitz, you probably inadvertently sign off for it. Just the number that shows up on the transaction and forcefully ask them to cancel membership and to reimburse your account.

• Am
      8th of Nov, 2007

I called my account at 2316 (11/08/07) to see if my paycheck had been deposited and found the same $11.99 charge on my account from great fun. I have not had anything to do with Orbitz or any other travel/ vacation company in more than six months so I'm not sure if that has any connection. How they got my card number is beyond me! My bank has reversed the charge, closed the card and filed paperwork for identity theft. I have yet to get a hold of the membership department... My friend has this exact same charge on her account. So, where ever this started it is wide spread.

• As
      7th of Dec, 2007

I just realized that I have had over hundreds of dollars taken out of my account by this place. I am furious. I never investigated what it was for. Then I realized CIC has been doing this to me card as well.

• Ba
      14th of Dec, 2007

I bought some items from internet back in Nov. 2007 and had no idea untill I had a credit card statement indicated TLG has charged me twice, one on Nov. 26th 2007 and another one on Dec. 4th 2007, that is only about a week later. I have no memory of doing any business with TLG, so I called my bank, they advised me to contact TLG direct.
    I got into action, called TLG on 12-07-2007 at about 10:45am, I spoke to a person named Tammy, she went on telling me all kink of services I could benifit if I am a member of TLG. I shut her down right away and requested a refund, she still would not shut up. I demanded her to void my membership with TLG, after 5 five minutes loud talking, I got a confirmation from them to refund my money. I only got one refund of $11.99, but not two, today. I'll have to call them again for the second refund. These people are evils.

This kind of business practice needs to stop. We need to stick together fighting these dirty, un-ethical business practices.

• Mo
      9th of Jan, 2008

Noticed an $11.99 charge on my online checking account website this morning that was authorized today, 01-08-08. I have no idea who TLG Great Fun is or what this charge is for -- I've never heard of them. The number listed on the account page said 1-800-242-7771 -- I called them and of course at this hour, they were not responding properly neither. I'm calling the bank to have this marked as an unauthorized debit and to list this as identity theft.

Mohan

• Fu
      29th of Jan, 2008

I too just realized I had 3 charges on my account for this great fun account. I called and made sure I got all 3 refunds. The first person I spoke with told me i can get all three. I called back 5 min later to confirm this and the next guy told me only 2 months refund. I told him the other person told me three and I asked to speak with a supervisor. This is rediculous and i will never do business with Orbitz again.

• Ke
      29th of Jan, 2008

I get the same trouble.

• Ro
      31st of Jan, 2008

I just found a charge today for $11.00 from TLG Great Fun on my bank account. I had used Orbitz to book a hotel room back in September of 2007 and some pop up IM thing came up trying to offer me free discounts. Apparently that was this company because when I called the 1-800242-7771 number, they asked me if I remembered signing up for some sort of travelers discount card? I said no, cancel it now and give me a refund. She gave me a confirmation number and said it would be canceled. I don't understand how something that took place almost 4 months ago could just start charging my account? I'm going to review my statements but I don't think I've seen that name on my account before today (which is why I was curious to see it today). I've never been impressed with Orbitz and certainly won't use them again if this "leech" company can get your information and start charging for whatever discounts they offer. Hopefully they'll cancel this thing and I won't be charged again.

• M
      22nd of Apr, 2008

I just experianced the same thing. I checked my account this morning and had a charge of $11.99. I guess these people also do business with Fandango. I called and got my money back. This is rediculous.

• K
      5th of May, 2008

I got rip-off from them since last month. They has been debited $11.99 twice a month. I had lost total $48 so far...I have no idea who are they. This company is so deceive.

more useful infor.
    /URL removed/?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=TLG+GREATFN

• Su
      19th of May, 2008

Same thing happened to me! I received my credit card statement and discovered a $12.99 charge from Great Fun that I never authorized, requested or wanted. I purchased plane tickets from Orbitz and for the past three months now have been charged a membership fee to Great Fun. I will report Great Fun to the Consumer Division of the Attorney General's Office in West Virgnia. What a scam! When I asked for a refund I was told to fax the executive Suport at 1-800-964-8115 or write to Executive Suport, PO Box 6100, Westerville, OH 43086. How deceptive.

• Ra
      26th of May, 2008

I just found out the Great Fun CT 18002908603 has been charging my credit card for a membership I never signed up for. I called up the above 1800 number and the office is closed. This is such a fraudulent practice. I have disputed the charge. I guess, I should have never gone to any website and used my card to do a purchase.

• Ka
      1st of Jul, 2008

just found a pending charge on my account yesterday. after further investigation...it seems i have been enrolled in this scam for 15 months now. thats right, since april 07!
    thought i would go ahead and try to take care of this over the phone...no luck of course. did get a fax number (800.964.8115) to send a refund request to. we shall see.
    oh, and the customer service rep i spoke to was located in Manila!! (i got a little rude after that...my bad.)
    i was also told it was my/all of our faults because i/we dont understand what i/we do on the computer.
    just lovely :|

• Je
      15th of Jul, 2008

I called TLG*great fun and it turned out to be from when I bought movie tickets online that they tried to get me to sign up for a discount service. My charge was $11.99. Be careful on what you click on. Supposedly they will cancel the service and refund the charges. I will have to see.

15th of Jul, 2008

We found a charge of 11.99 on our account yesterday July 14th, with the charge date of july 15. Like what everyone has said on the previous comments, these people are deceptive, and when I was telling them that we NEVER had any transaction with them, they kept asking for more information, such as mailing address, name - and they expect me to give it to them to dispute them, so they would FIND my account.

Yeah, right...something needs to be done here!

• Ta
      15th of Jul, 2008

I had the same charge but it was $11 even. I called and they said it was a free membership deal I signed up for when I reserved a hotel room online and the trail had run out, the membership fee is $11 a month! Well I NEVER signed up for anything! I reserved the room and that was it! I also have another $11 charge from Traveler's Advantage which was the same thing, I was signed up "accidently" they said. Hmm!

The Great Fun company said they will refund my $11 but the Traveler's Advantage said they would not!

BE VERY CAREFUL when you reserve rooms online... obviously these hotel and motels are working with these crazy companies to get more and more money from us all.

21st of Aug, 2008

$12.99 debited from my account and I've never heard of TLG Great Fun and certainly didn't authorize them charge or provide them w/ my account information. It's the ###s like them that make so many people scared to buy online.

• Na
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Just figured out today what was going on. Wife signed up for Classmates.com back in december and they say she signed up for this then. She never saw anything about this when she was checking out on classmates.com. They also said that she should have gotten a membership card and package with tons of discounts. Never seen that either. They got us for 8 months worth at 103.92. We called the number and got 2 months refund from the girl so we asked to speak with a supervisor and she gave up to 4 months back and then gave me an address and fax number that I could send a complaint letter to to try and get back the rest.

GreatFun
    Attn: Executive Support
    P.O.Box 6100
    Westerville, OH. 43086
    Fax#1-800-964-8115

Be carefull when you checkout online

• Ms
      2nd of Oct, 2008

I too received my bank statement today only to realize that I have been paying 12.99 for the last three months to this company after having signed up for Classmates.com.

I do not recall doing so, I also never received a package from them with any type of membership information. I was not given a refund. Think I will call back and demand it.

I have always been leary of signing up for anything on the internet and I guess I have reason to be after this. I hope someone puts a stop to these people and soon.