Comments

• Ro
      5th of Mar, 2008

Charged 119.99 for i don't know. I don't even know how they got my information!

16th of Mar, 2008

The same thing happened to me, and this is messing up my credit.

• Ro
      19th of Mar, 2008

The same thing happened to me 3times with the same credit card company. Each time the company removed the charges, issued a new card and the $119.99 showed up after 3 to 4 months. This with a card I never even activated either time it was re-issued.

20th of Apr, 2008

I just noticed in my May statement that I was charged 119.99 for TLG Complete Home. I don't even use this card and havent' for several months. I don't know what this charge is for or how they got my information.

• To
      2nd of Jun, 2008

Several months ago I signed up for a membership to Classmates.com as a way to meet old friends. What I was unaware when I joined was the practice of deceptive advertisement that ClassMates.com and Complete Home employ.

In my case, I was deceived into a membership with Complete Home for $12.99 per month. These charges first appeared on my credit card in January 2008 and continued through May 2008 when I cancelled my Complete Home membership. Total charges amounted to $64.95. Initially, I was not aware of what these charges were; however, my recent investigation has exposed the truth--I was tricked!

I am now requesting reimbursement of $64.95 from TLG*COMPHME

• Ho
      11th of Jul, 2008

I just got my June statement and had the same charge of $119.99 and had no clue as to where this came from especially considering I have never used this card to order ANYTHING off the internet!

• Be
      18th of Jul, 2008

Basically the same thing happened to me. I had signed up for a free months trial with them for another offer. After the first month I tried to cancel but the guy on the phone said i hadn't received something in the mail from them and they'd give me an extra month free. So after the second month I called back and "canceled" my membership or so i thought. I talked to a guy and he said he had canceled it and transfered me to some other gas card offer. 2 months later Complete Home charges my debit card for $14.99 without me knowing, obviously because I had canceled it. I was actually low on money on my card at the time and was charged overdraft fees and in the end complete home cost me $74 in total!

• La
      9th of Sep, 2008

BLAME YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY!
    I received a $9.95 check just yesterday from HSBC that I have a Mastercard through.
    By cashing the check you sign up for the program. I made a copy of the check then shredded it. I made a note on the copy that it was shredded and the date. So when it shows up on my statement anyway I have the back up copy and a timeline.

We recently discovered other fraud charges on that same card and when cancelling them we were told we cashed the check from the CC company. We always shred them, so that is why I made the copy of the latest check before I ran it through the shredder.

If not a check from the credit card company it could be an internet retailer. I just recently did an online purchase and the retailer was pushing Shopping Essentials and Passporttofun. You sign up when you complete the survey, they then use the same payment information you provided the retailer for your purchase. I clicked on NO THANKS to the survey and will be watching my statement from more fraudulent charges there as well. Even clicking on NO THANKS is no guarantee that they will not sign me up anyway.

I also sent an email to the customer support desk at the retailer telling them that they need to stop their affiliation with Shopping Essentials. They do not need to have SE's complaints and illegal activities associated with their business.

TLG = Trilegiant and they have already been fined over $14 million for this illegal practice and they went right back at it again.

They cannot get anyone to voluntarily sign up for these worthless Membership programs so they sign you up anyway and count on you not to notice the charges on your statements.

In the US you can file a formal complaint with the FTC.
    Also file a Fraud report with your credit card.

• Pa
      12th of Nov, 2008

I never sign up for anything to do with this company

• Su
      21st of Nov, 2008

I bought something from Cooking.Com and suddenly Complete Home were taking $11.99 from my checking account each month. I am filling a police report and I encourage you all to do the same!

• Pe
      18th of Feb, 2009

I also was charged by them and never signed up for any of their stuff. Never even heard of the dumb thing.

• Rt
      25th of Mar, 2009

I also was charged. They sent a check from a company called Norm Thompson for $5 for what I thought was a refund for a returned item. Norm Thompson reps tell me they are a part of the TLG Home company and this is done on a regular basis.I had a charge of $129.99 on my credit card. They have pronmsied a refund. It is amazing that supposedly reputable companies are affiliated with something like this. It is a complete scam and they keep on doing it openly and knowingly. For those who do not carefully check their statements every month it is a potential windfall.

• Br
      27th of Mar, 2009

I work for Complete Home and there is nothing wrong with our services. If you would simply quit accepting the checks from your bank or accepting the promotional offers you wouldn't have to worry about being charged for anything that you haven't ordered or requested.

• Nb
      10th of Apr, 2009

TLG Complete Home charged my account without my authorization.

• Lr
      29th of Jun, 2009

I had the same issue with them. HB would never admit it was fraud and made me resolve it with the merchant who agreed to reverse the charges. I am reporting this to the FTC.
    Does anyone know the address to TLG?

• Sc
      16th of Jul, 2009

Happened to me to. don't know how they got my credit card number, but i got charged 74.99 for a subscription renewal to a magazine i never subscribed to, or heard about.

• Bd
      18th of Dec, 2009

I purchased nothing, cashed no checks, nor accepted any promotional offers. I had a heated discussion with HBSC's customer service in April of 2009, asked them to close my account. I paid the balance at that time, and the next month was charged $64.99. Assuming it was a carryover balance, I paid that and wrote 'cancel' on the statement. Today, December 18, 2009, I get a statement from the same 'TGCompleteHome' service, this time for approximately $75. I again have called HBSC, and fully expect my money back and for the account to be closed. I don't know who or what TGComplete Home is, but they are stealing money under fraudulent circumstances. Should it continue, I too will file suit.

• Br
      20th of Dec, 2009

7 charges at $12.99 for a total of $90.93!! Hey Brandon, employee of Complete Home, you believe "nothing is wrong with our services", what services?????? You're a freakin rip-off...i haven't received any service from Complete Home, who the hell are you??? "Simply quit accepting the checks from your bank"?? Get a freakin life, you're a loser and represent thieves and poachers!!

• Al
      3rd of Jan, 2010

I also was charged. I wrote to the company asking a complete refund. I'm waiting for the answer. I didn't know this company, I never heard the name. I want to know how they found my credit card number.
    Alberto.

• To
      4th of Jun, 2010

Charged me 99.99 for nothing on my mastercard.