Tim Hortons / government of canada rounding guideline
GST/HST Info Sheet GI-131
As pennies are gradually withdrawn from circulation, price rounding on cash transactions will be required. This will have no impact on cheque payments or electronic payments, such as credit and debit cards, only cash transactions will be affected.
Where pennies are not available, cash transactions will need to be rounded to the nearest five-cent increment in a fair and transparent manner.
The Government of Canada will be adopting the following rounding guideline for its cash transactions with the Canadian public. It is expected that businesses will apply this rounding guideline in a fair and transparent manner.
Tim Horton in the Vancouver Area is rounding up every amount and every transaction, thus violating guidelines set by the Government of Canada.
More Tim Hortons Complaints & Reviews
- Tim Hortons - treatment of employees 
- Tim Hortons - roll up the rim 
- Tim Hortons - unfair labour practices 
- Tim Hortons - rude/careless 
- Tim Hortons - rims already rolled up 
- Tim Hortons - lack of customer service
- Tim Hortons - hazelnut flavoring
- Tim Hortons - employer / franchise owner
- Tim Hortons - iced cappuccino
- Tim Hortons - drink missing coffee and if a machine is broken should let customers know ahead of time