Thrifty Car Rentalsovercharged, incorrect details on invoice

I arranged for a rental car, over the internet, for 1 day whilst I was in Sydney. I collected the car at Sydney Airport at approximately 4.00pm on Tuesday 10-02-2015. I returned the car to Sydney Airport at approximately 4.00pm on Wednesday 11-02-2015 as I had a return flight to Townsville leaving at 5.30pm. I was quoted $121.36 and my credit card was charged that amount on 10-02-2015. On the final invoice which was emailed to me it stated that the car was returned to Canberra Airport on 12-02-2015. As a result of this mistake my credit card was charged a further $252.69 on 12-02-2015. I rang their customer service number [protected] and was told that it would be better if I spoke directly to the office I collected the car from or their Sydney CBD office and the operator gave me those numbers. I rang the airport office on [protected] and was placed directly on hold for more than 10 minutes. I hung up and rang the Sydney CBD number [protected] ending with the same result so I hung up again. A bit later, approx. 30 minutes, I rang the numbers again with the same result but finally was able to leave a message for them to ring me back. I still hadn't heard from them a day later so I left a message through their "contact us" tab on their internet site. I received a return email to say they would contact me within 24 hours. They didn't. I left similar messages on their web site the following 3 days in a row. I was also able to leave another message on one of the Sydney numbers I had. I still haven't heard from them and they still have my money. Please help.

Da
Feb 19, 2015

Comments

• Hi
      May 13, 2011
    Thrifty Car Rentals - Unhappy customer
    Thrifty Car Rentals

I rented a car from thrifty car's, the car was $160.00 to rent after fee's and mis. I payed $420.00. it told to me that $350.00 would be returned after the rented time, But they lied.Don't ever go to these guy's. and it was for a small compacked car. $420.00

• Ki
      May 23, 2011

420-350=70...your cost is $160 and it compact not compacked...so based on your spelling and math...u deserve to be ripped off.