Thomasville Furnitureproducts & services

We are extremely dissatisfied with our recent purchases from Thomasville of Augora Hills, CA both with the quality of the products and the post-sales customer service. It is appalling to me that after having spent over $11, 000 on products that seem to be of good quality in the showroom but are of inferior quality with poor craftsmanship when delivered to your home. And when you call the store salesperson, who has now made her commission on the sale, you get told in the most unfriendly and unprofessional way that it is customer service who has to deal with the issue. Customer Services solution to all the problems is to have a sub-contractor come to your house to take pictures or quick fix your brand new “custom made” furniture. Off the 6 pieces of furniture, I have had issues with three of them. Our Ernest Hemingway accent table is not similar to the one that we saw in store and is imperfect on the table top. Thomasville’s solution…send the contractor to take pictures of the table, tell me nothing can be done or else exchange my brand new table with the floor model that has been, as per the customer service person, ”on the shop floor for 4-5 years”! Our $1400 per chair leather recliner came with a manufacturing defect that made the leather rub against a bolt and scar the leather. Once again, the same contractor comes to rip out the leather from a new chair, tighten it further so that it does not rub and use a leather polish to hide the scar. The final and most recent issue is our dining table and chairs. They arrive on April 26, 2013, almost 5 months after the order was placed. I refused accepting the delivery as the top of the pedestal of the dining table was cracked all around the rim with a chip around where they tried to put a screw in. Again, poor craftsmanship and what reflects poor customer service and lacks any quality control is that they sent the table to me, the customer, in that condition! An email to the President prompted a swift response and a call from CS who, at another customers expense, was to send me a replacement table. 18 days later, there are no calls and there is no table. A follow up email to the President states that I purchased the furniture from an independent store and need to deal with them. If the top management of this company has a complete lack of ownership & accountability, then you cannot expect much from the customer facing employees / representatives of Thomasville. In today's competitive business environment, this is a recipe for failure. If I had read reviews online before I spent so much money with them, I would have never bought furniture from them. Beware before you spend your money on extremely expensive, non-US made, poor quality furniture from Thomasville where the customer comes last!

Bo
May 18, 2013

Comments

• Jp
      Apr 13, 2009
    Thomasville Furniture - Poor Quality
    Thomasville Furniture

The upholstery on a Thomasville couch I purchased less then five years ago has worn out prematurely, exposing a thin, razor-sharp strip of metal at the top corner of the frame.

I have made Thomasville aware of the situation.

I will report back on how it is resolved.

• Rt
      Jan 25, 2010

Good luck, I hope your repair job is better than the one we had for our mattress. I am so unhappy with this company at this point.

• Da
      Nov 18, 2011

We have had a nightmare with Thomasville. People need to understand the Thomasville that was our parents and grandparents is not the same as THOMASVILLE being made in China and Mexico today.
    Go to the Thomasville Facebook page and post your complaints. Also join me on Facebook at BOYCOTT THOMASVILLE to post your stories and complaints and to read about my Thomasville Nightmare. Post your stories on pissedconsumer.com they are a very well visited site.

• Da
      Nov 18, 2011

This is a photo of the 4, 669.00 sofa they attempted to deliver to me and now refuse to refund my money. If a furniture company attempts to deliver a piece of damaged furniture REFUSE it. If you accept it you basically are at their mercy.

• Bi
      Feb 18, 2014

Just starting into an issue on a new purchase; delivery not matching floor wood sample. I can see our experience coming down as I'm only now reading these reviews.
    Any successes dealing with these people; please let me know.
    I'll update later.

Dec 13, 2014

Wow, When reading about your complaint and you stated how the items of display "In the store" were of better quality than your "Items delivered". Touche'. Same thing has happended to me with a sofa. After fealing like I was in the dentist office pulling some teeth I got Thomasville to make me a new couch, have not seen it yet. I will post "MY" full review after "MY" ordeal is finished. Thank's with the time of posting..