The Wheel Connection / Refund refusal!

4714 S. PeoraTulsa, OK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866 306 0323

Upon contacting the Wheel Connection for tracking information (which should have been available at the time of my order 12/26/07) I found out that as a result of paint peeling off of the wheels I'd ordered, they [the wheels] had been recalled, and sent back to China. The Wheel Connection Rep had given me an option of either ordering chrome wheels (the ones I'd ordered where Black) and allowing them to have them "powder coated" locally, and then shipping to me; or receiving a "full refund."

I decided to get my money back; and in doing so was charged a 25% ($398.00) restocking fee for wheels that were recalled, and never shipped in the first place. Unfortunately I did not see the other complaints levied against this company, or I would have never ordered from them in the first place.

I refuse to accept these unscrupulous business practices, and am in the process of taking serious legal action. I will not stop until The Wheel Connection is OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

Comments

Cb
  26th of Feb, 2008
I ordered some rims from them before I knew about this site approximately two weeks ago. During this time, I have called several times about the location and time of delivery for my rims. Each time I got different answers from different people. Finally, I got fed up with getting fed bull**** and called them to demand my money back. They gave me the run around at first saying that the rims were in route, then the guy changed his story to say that they issued a refund because they were nolonger in stock a week ago. I told him that I hadn't recieved any credit on my account from them and that I wanted to speak with the company owner, Michael Brockman. The guy said he doesn't talk with anyone and if the manager don't have any answers I will just have to wait for the refund. I decided to use the same system (the internet) they use to steal peoples money and turn it against them. I located the owners cell phone number by going to superpages.com and doing a name search and turned up this phone number (918-605-3455) and called him directly. When I told him who I was and why I was calling, he pretended to take my contact information and said he will call the company and will have a representative call me back, but in fact he hung up the phone and when I called back several times I got no answer and his phone went straight to voice mail. I called the company back again and talk to the same guy that picked up the phone and when I told him my name, he placed me on hold and when he came back to the phone, I was told that they send me an email about the refund yesterday. While I was on the line with them I checked my email and yes, there was an email from them that was produced at the same time I was on the phone with them. I told them it was sad that people have to go through such extremes to get their hard earned money back for their failed services. The customer service rep said some choice words and hung up the phone. Now I'm just waiting to see what happens, but I will never do business with a company like that again and I will be looking into seeing if I can file a lawsuit against them for all the time they took from me.
Ge
  12th of Apr, 2008
same problems that others have had
Lf
  3rd of Jun, 2008
I have a problem with the company and have turned it over to the Credit Union where my card was granted. Wheelconnection who did not have what I wanted debited my card and would not return the funds after calling them everyday.
Da
  18th of Nov, 2008
Bad company to do bussineess with shold be investigated for internet fraud. Charged my credit card and never send rims and lies when you call the company. no information about product shipping . bad bussiness practices.
Mo
  17th of Feb, 2009
I also have been dealing with this company for several weeks and get the same run around as you folks no one ever answers the phone they always put you on hold adn the owner mike brockman he never answers his cell phone. We messed around with them for awhile finally after getting the runaround finally asked for money back said they would refund but have't seen one yet its been well over a week now. I have finally left a voice mail on mikes phone saying if I have not recieved a phone call within the hour our attorney will be getting ahold of them shortly. We nedd to put these people out of business.
Sh
  3rd of Mar, 2009
My situation is consistant with these posts. Ordered wheels in October 2008, took literally hundreds of phone calls to finally get all four wheels in mid-December 2008. Oh, and true to their idea of business the rims were ordered in chrome, but we settled for machined with chrome lip, and their word they would refund the difference. Also, they accidentally mixed up one of my rims with some other costumer's order, took even more time to fix. It took me into January making hundreds of more calls, being hung up on, promisses of being called back (ON and ON, you all know what it's like) until I got fed up with their lies. Kept saying they tried to refund the difference but card was expired (NOT AN EXCUSE, they are still more than capable of crediting your money back). I called my credit card company, and they filed charges against them for fraud and were able to credit my money back within a couple days (wish I had done it weeks earlier than I did). Will never, ever, ever do business with again (needless to say). I just don't understand how they are still around. I consider myself lucky to have gotten the wheels I fell in love with, but it was more headache than I would ever go through again. If you are reading this because you were already taken for a ride make sure you don't give up, do not get ripped off by them, and make sure you help give them what they deserve!!!
Ar
  27th of Apr, 2009
yes, i have read all the complains about this company THE WHEEL CONNECTION, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. i got rims for my car they suppost to come with inserts and they charge me $500.00 and its been over a year and i ont have any inserts...
Vi
  21st of Oct, 2009
I totally agree.I am the victim also of a fraud.A certain Keith Gregory 20 years old from billings, missouri, with e-mail adress xxacdcxx@sbcglobal.net .He told me that from a far place that i am i should transfer the money by bank account.I fell for it...No answer from any e-mail or phone anymore.The money has gone and i have learn a rough lesson. THEWHEELCONNECTION are a FRAUDULENT business by excellence.