The RoomStore / The order takes forever to come in

I ordered a living room set from the RoomStore in Richmond, VA in February. Because of the colour I wanted, it had to be "Special ordered". 8-10 weeks the salesman said. It's May (almost 12 weeks later) and I still don't have it, and they have no idea how much longer it will be until it comes in. It's one excuse after another. First it was the factory's fault, then it was the shipper's fault. The salesman is clueless, the ladies who answer the phone are liars, and I urge everyone to avoid purchasing special order items from the RoomStore at all costs!

Va

Comments

• Sw
      17th of May, 2008

I also have had problems with Room Store's lack of interest to fulfill their customer service promise and delivery. The furniture I bought was not a special order and it has been a month and I still have no couch. They have one excuse after another and do not seem to care about the delivery or appeasing me as a customer because they already have their money. They tell me their hands are tied in this matter due to it is the manufactures fault, the freight company fault, the cost of gas causing delivery problems, and so forth.

I am writing the CO of Room Store Curtis Kimbrell and I am also contacting the local news stations. I have never been so disappointed in the service of a major coporation as I am in this company. I have told everyone I know about this and I will continue telling everyone I run into about my experience with them. I will post my complaint on every site I come across and I will never buy and/or purchase anything from Room Store again.

• Th
      19th of May, 2008

I recently placed an order on roomstore.com...there were no options online to change color or addthe fabri protector. When I called the 800 number i was told after my credit card info was verified i would recieve a confirmation call and could at that time add the options i would like. So I called and it turns out the lady lied to me. So when I complained about being misinformed and asked about their calls being recorded(as most calls are these days) or my call being loogged conviently for them their sytems were down - how ironic!!!they were very rude, unhelpful, and would not help in anyway. Special orders can only be placed at the store was ALL the "manager" of online sales. I asked for her supervisor and she said she had none...quite funny seeing as how everyone has to answer to someone. I told them i would cancel my order if they would not accomodate it - they sait had to be done in store I ended up cancelling my order and told them i better recieve 100% of my money back or i will be disputing the charges. (this whole ordeal lasted Sunday morning until Monday afternoon. i placed the order late sat night). I will NEVER EVER order ANYTHING from them and will let everyone I kn0w to do the same, they are liars, crooks and could care less about their customers!
    -FYI Conclusion: RoomStore & Furniture.com are the same company.
    I was also told o0n this phone call that special oders dont recieve discounted pricing...
    They are liars
    They could care less about customer satisfaction

• Je
      4th of Feb, 2009

So - what did The Room Store do wrong? Special orders with many furniture companies have to be place in store only - some do offer it online though. I did a lot of research before I made my purchase of a bedroom set and mattress from the Room store (I bought from the Room store in Tyler, Tx.) and had the best experience that I could have hoped for. They did explain to me the special order guidlines when I asked - because I had looked at their stuff online also. If you placed your order on-line, but wanted a different color that wasn't shown, why didn't you call FIRST before ordering? And if your received your full refund - how does that make someone else a crook?