Having problems with The RoomStore?

Complaints & Reviews

I hate The Roomstore!

I purchased a 5 year warranty for a couch I purchased at the Roomstore. I called to file a claim for a stain on my couch. I did not know what the stain was and they denied my claim because I did not know where it came from. There is nothing in the warranty paperwork that says the claim has to be known.

I called weeks later in order to file stains on my couch from a party we had on the weekend and they denied my claim again due to "build up". They told me that I can dispute the claim by sending an email. I sent an email and no response.

I called again and they told me to send a picture of the stains on the couch, so they can verify that it's not a build up. I sent a picture and the claim still got denied.

I've talked to 3 representatives and they were rude and very hesitant to help. Representative, Blanca, said that the claims all have to be researched since they can be fraud "just like all other insurance companies." I said that insurance companies come out to look at the damages before they can say that it's fraud which the Roomstore did not do.

I asked for a refund for the warranty and they said they could not refund it. I am highly disappointed, and their rudeness is enough to give you a headache for an entire day. I am a very unhappy customer, and I have been telling people not to go to the Roomstore to buy anything whatsoever.

Run around

I spent a ton of money at the roomstore in Newport News, va.The chest of drawers has missing finish, dents and horrible craftsmanship.I have called and called and continue to get the run around.The best part is the truck driver ran over my mail box and apparently this complaint has to go to a different department.it's beyond pathetic the way this has been handled.I'm not sure if buying furniture anywhere else is the answer but the roomstore is the last place anyone should spend money in.I certainly hope they don't treat everyone else like this

roomstore

I purchased a headboard for my 7-year-old daughter n June 2010. As I disassembled the pieces, I realized that a leg to the headboard was missing. I immediately contact customer service who mentioned that it would be shipped and ready in a month which would have been July. Patiently, I waited but after a month and no contact from the company, I contacted them again. This time the customer service reps insisted on calling me back as they attempted to contact the vendor for the piece. After three reps not returning my call, I called back to speak to a member of management. The woman also suggested that she would give me a call back as she attempted to contact the vender. I relayed to her my reluctance due to the history of their reps to not return phone calls. She insisted that she would return my call by the close of the business day. Unsurprisingly, she did not return my call as I called her numerous times after this day to inquire about the status of the needed piece. After the third day, I finally spoke with her and she stated that the furniture would not be available until September 2010. Of course, frustrated, I asked her about any compensation, return fees, or even getting the missing piece from the showroom floor being that my daughter needed the component for her bed. The manager was aggressive in tone and rude as she blatantly said "there is nothing I can do, you will just have to wait." My question to her was, "did I wait to give you my money for the furniture?". She kept repeating the same thing and then making up different reasons on why I couldn't get my money back. The service was terrible and the claim that prices are cut and not corners are beyond false and in fact this claim should be illegal.

Worst Service and Delivery Problems

I had ordered full bedroom and living room set furniture from Rockville, MD Roomstore furniture on May 12, 2010. I was told 90% of the furniture is in stock for next week's delivery before I made the purchase. But after I had made the purchase, the rude manager told me that only about 50% is ready so they will deliever everything around 25th or 26th of May. For whatever reason, the manager at that store is very mean, I didn't even feel like arguing or talking with him for anything. Also, I could not get his name out to write it here either. To avoid that, I just went along with their words. Here comes May 25th going onwards all the way to first week of June, and no furniture came neither any calls to tell me what was going on.I called the store in between many times and I was told they that are very busy and will get back to me soon, but no one ever called me. Then one day, I called and told them I will stay on hold as long as needed because I need to know what is going on with my order. Then some lady who initially picks up the phone every time we call checked upon it, and told me my furniture will be ready by June 14th and delivered sometime after that. I was mad and I told her i am going to cancel my order, this is totally unacceptable. She calls me back within an hour stating everything will be delievered on June 10th. I had no choice to expedite it at that point. I had a get together organized for June 4th weekend, and I had no choice but to rent the furniture and pay $150 for that. Had I received my furniture in time, I would not have wasted $150 in renting. I took a dayoff on June 10th from work and stayed home as they told me the delivery time will be between 10:15-2:15 pm. May 10th comes, and it is 3:00 pm and I have not heard or seen anyone from Roomstore Delivery. There I am again calling the delievery number and upon checking they told me the driver is running late and will be there in another hour or hour and a half. Finally around 4:15 pm they show up and start delievring my furniture. Delievery guys kept on telling me to give them a big tip because I had lot of furnitre. Not only that, I got scratches on furniture which I ignored having no energy to deal with them again taking it back. This gets even worse, they did not fix the knobs for my dresser, side table, and chest, and told me where they were and how will I fix them. I asked them am I supposed to do it, and they confidently said yes you are supposed to fix it yourself. I was shocked!!! I have known friends who also recently bought furniture from cheaper stores and still the store representatives had patiently fixed up the entire furniture for them. It was a shock that roomstore had a big name only and very low customer service standards.

By the time they were done putting everything in my rooms, I noticed two side tables are missing. Delievery boys said they have no idea and that is all they are delievering. They left and I called the delievery number again. I was told side tables were ready last week and somehow the order was changed (Keep in mind I was not notified of this by anyone from my roomstore or their office in general until I figured out myself). The representative did tell me that I should be getting the delivery within next week as tables are ready and status will be updated tonight. Representative also told me my roomstore should be calling me within a day to let me know the new delievery date for the tables. 3 days passed after that and I did not hear from roomstore. I called them and after being put on hold for 15 minutes by one or other department, finally my representative came on line and told me my tables should be ready by June 24th. I was told this by them on June 14th. He also told me he will call me back the very next day and give me final confirmation of my furniture delievery, and IMPORTANT to note, today is June 21st (7 days since he promised to call back) and I have not heard back from anyone. At this time, there is no point of calling either the store or the customer service or anyone else. I am sick and tired, and repenting on my purchase made with them.

Here is why I am tired:

1. First, my initial delievery was delayed two weeks.

2. Second, no one notified me of so until I called and called and finally got hold of someone

3. Third, I took a dayoff for the same as they promised to come earlier part of the day to deliever full furniture. I could have saved my dayoff as I am home by 2:30 anyways. Neither they delievered the full furniture that means next time I plan to have another dayoff per their convenience nor they actually even fixed (knobs on dresser, chest, side table) what they delivered.

4. Fourth, they did not call me about missing pieces and every time I called was given false hope and information.

5. Fifth, every time I was promised to receive a call back, never did in real. I had no choice to call myself because I had paid a big chunk of money to them for my stuff that I almost feel like begging every time I call them to hear an update.

6. They are so inconsiderate to the date (June 21st) I have not heard back from delievery or my store about the missing pieces.

7. Because Roomstore did not keep up with their delivery date promise, 2 weeks after promised date I paid $150 to rent furniture for my planned get together. Who is going to cover for that cost...no one but myself maybe!

I mean does it take a month and a half to prepare two side tables, or do they have to plant a tree first to start making my furniture. Is someone out there from Roomstore who can do anything for me? Until my voice is heard, I will be posting my complaint site to site.

• Co
    cohena2 Nov 03, 2011

I had the same issue with the Roomstore location at the Columbia, MD store. Below I detail my horrible ordeaI I had with that Roomstore location. will say my first purchase of an entertainment center purchased from the Roomstore last year was delivered on time, without an problems and works great. But I purchased a recliner from the Roomstore in Columbia, MD on 9/17/11 because of my previous positive experience with the roomstore. I bought this to replace my broken recliner. I was told by the sales lady named Susan Quinn (who was very nice and pleasant) that the recliner was on back order with the manufacturer but they would have one in stock and delivered to me by the end of September. Wrong! I called customer service at the beginning of October only to be told the item was not yet in stock but it would be in stock and delivered to me by Mid October. Wrong again! I called their customer service late last week only to now be told they will not have that recliner in stock till early to mid November at the earliest and that is not even a guarantee, .
    I called the delivery department on Wednesday 10/19 and was told my my furniture would not be in stock till mid to late November now. Thursday 10/20 I called the delivery department again and was told they don't have access to tell me when an item will be in stock and I had to go to the store I bought it from to find out that information. I was told by the second phone rep on Thursday that the first phone shouldn't have given me a November delivery date because they have no access to such information. I went to the Columbia store on 10/20 and the salesman looked up my order and told me they have 10 of those chairs on order and I am #4 on the waiting list and they will have it in stock by late October at the latest. I was also told by the store salesman he had no idea where the phone rep got a delivery date of mid to late November. I told the salesman if my item is not in stock by late October as promised they will be seeing me again and I will not be so nice this time.
    I called the delivery department on 10/31 and after being transferred to several different people I was eventually transferred to the Columbia store where I bought my recliner. I was told I needed to speak to my sales person Susan Quinn who they couldn't locate at the moment. I chose to visit the store later that evening instead. Susan who as usual was very friendly pulled my order up in the system and tells me it was due to arrive in late October and since today is the last day of October she couldn't estimate when my recliner would be in but she hoped it would be soon. Meanwhile I sit at home on a recliner that is broken and is killing my back. Thats why I bought a new recliner in the first place. Susan tells me I am #3 on the waiting list out of a group of 13 people waiting. I see 3 customers waiting ahead of me for the same recliner in the same color. The supposed #1 customer has been waiting since August 1st for their recliner. Who makes a customer wait 3 months for furniture? That is not customer service. But heres where it gets interesting. I see a customer has been waiting since March 2011 for the same recliner and Susan tells me that customer has not finished paying for their furniture yet and thats why they've been waiting since March and haven't received it yet. I am told by Susan the customer waiting since March is last on the waiting list till they pay off the recliner. I also am told 13 people have order the same recliner in the same color as me but they only have 10 on order. Who sells more recliners than what they have on order? Especially if a customer has been waiting 3 months to receive theirs. I left the store tonight thinking I would wait another week or two to see if the recliner comes in. But after sitting in my broken recliner and feeling nothing but back pain I can no longer wait.
    I emailed the customer loyalty department last night. This evening around 5:30 I received a call from Margo who said she was the store manager of the store in Columbia, MD. She said she had received an email from me explaining how upset I am about my order. I explain to her how upset I am about my ordeal. I then ask if I can have my recliner in a different color because my sales woman Susan Quinn told me the color I wanted was the only color that was out of stock. Margo the supposed store manager tells me she can't switch me to another color because the Roomstore is out of stock on all furniture made by Franklin and has been for many months. I'm then told the mfgr which is Franklin keeps pushing back the date on when they will ship the Roomstore the items. She says they have no furniture made by Franklin instock. She then offers me the floor model at a discounted price of $50 off. For all my trouble and hassle all I am offered is $50 off. Really? I want to order a NEW chair NOT a USED floor model. Who goes to a store looking to purchase a floor model? Also why not tell me up front they're out of stock on all furniture made by Franklin? Further proof that the Roomstore is only out to make a sale and doesn't care about their customers.
    I went to the Roomstore on RT. 40 in Catonsville, MD on 11/1 to see what they would say about the my recliner. I was told the recliner would not be in stock till late December or early January at the very earliest. I went back to the Columbia, MD store and Margo processed my refund on 11/1 after I decliner floor model or another recliner. Hopefully refund comes soon. DO NOT SHOP AT THE ROOMSTORE BECAUSE THEY LIE ABOUT WHEN ITEMS WILL BE IN STOCK TO GET A SALE!! They just lost a customer which I'm sure they don't care about.

Delivery Fee

How insane! I recently purchased a living room set from The Roomstore, had it delivered, it didn't fit...

Damaged furniture and carpet!

We had ordered a living room furniture set (sofa, love seat, chair and a half, and ottoman) from the Roomstore located in Woodbridge, Virginia. Our sales person, Pamela, STRUGGLED TO CALCULATE OUR TOTAL. My husband came up with the correct amount using his cell phone and then had to walk her through the addition and discount.

On the day of the delivery one of the two men tracked WET MUD across the family room of our 1 MONTH old house.

Once they placed the furniture and took off the protective covering we noticed that EVERY single piece of furniture had MULTIPLE stains.

We called the number given on our receipt for any delivery problems and told them about the carpet. They told us to get an estimate for cleaning and let them know the price. We quickly got an estimate and called back. The carpet was cleaned six days ago but we have not been able to reach the representative at the claims department, Rachel, to get a status on reimbursement.

The delivery guys suggested we have a technician come out to clean the furniture pieces instead of sending everything back. One of them also called customer service himself and we spoke to the representative on his cell phone. The representative also suggested having the technician come out instead of sending so many pieces back and waiting for new ones to be delivered.

The delivery guys also informed us that even if we sent back the furniture we would NOT receive new furniture instead we would GET THE SAME OLD FURNITURE CLEANED.

Since we were so frustrated because of the mud stains on the carpet we had the delivery men leave the stained furniture excluding the ottoman which had so many stains we didn't think it was worth cleaning.

Our appointment with the technician was scheduled for Saturday morning. We had spoke to the techinican earlier any explained we had a very important meeting in the morning as well. He reassured us that he would be done cleaning all the pieces well before the time.

The technician came TWO HOURS LATE, of course he did not call to tell us he would be late. Even after the cleaning the pieces still do not look new, so we decided to return the whole set.

After TWO DAYS of arguing with multiple sales representative and customer service representatives and their supervisors (Melissa and a rude woman named Wendy) we finally got them to agree to take back the furniture. Of course we still do not have a date for when they will come pick up the furniture.

We are now being charged a 10% restocking fee for getting damaged furniture and for having our carpets ruined.

DO NOT ORDER FROM ROOMSTORE! Poor quality, incompetent employees, and we believe they resend damaged furniture to other customers.

Warranty/Master Seal

I purchased a sofa, love seat and ottoman with the protection plan and "master seal". The salesman John Wier...

Recliner

I have been purchasing all my furnitute from the RoomStore for the past five years bedroom, living, and dining. Everything has been pretty good up until the latest purchase of another recliner. Purchased the chair in late December 2009 or Early January 2010. After having it for two weeks I noticed that when it reclined there was a gap. the top was not seating well on the base creating a gap when reclined (even went to the store to sit in the display to make sure I wasn't crazy). I called to exchange and they said no they cannot exchange I would have to utilize my warranty that I bought. I've been going round and round with Service because they can only come out on Wed. Is it me or should they be a bit more flexible when I spend my hard earned money at they're store. Guess it wont get fixed and my business will go somewhere else from now on.

Broken Bed

We bought a bed in Nov 08 (15 months) with storage drawers on each side.
This month the slats broke which in turn made the drawers get off line.
I went into the Roomstore to inquire about the bed and found out the bed was discontinued in Jun 09. I was given the customer service number, call them and was told a manager would call me back on 2/23. No called so I called on 2/24 and left another message for a manager. Melissa did call me back and told me there was nothing they could do because it was pass the 12 month warranty. She told me to go to Home Depot or Loews and purchase some some wood to fix it. Wow! I paid $750 for broken cheap wood. Amazing - their slogan is customer loyalty! Go figure...NO more Roomstore for me or anyone I talk to!

Furniture Breaks...

Spent $2400.00 on a sectional sofa and in the 15 months we've had it we've had to call them out 3 times and was about to call out a 4th time. The toggles that you pull to recline the ends of the 2 sofas we bought keep snapping off. It's such a design flaw that the repair tech ordered "EXTRA" parts because he said they are having to repair these often. Now I have a $2400.00 sectional and extra parts. How many times is too many? Each toggle (there are 4) has broken off at least once. If this was a car I'd sue for my money back under the lemon law but now I'm stuck with cruddy furniture that keeps breaking or I can go "re-select" and get stuck with more cruddy furniture from them when the right thing to do would be to get my money refunded (since it's a design flaw) and take my business elsewhere. DO NOT spend your hard earned dollars at The Roomstore!

• We
    Wendy and Roy Aug 19, 2013

I agree I bought a sectional that cost $3700.00 and after only 2 months, 2 of the pieces are falling apart. They sent out a tec Aug 1st. he said they would have to order parts. Aug 5th I got a call from customer service rep call telling us it would take 6 to 8 week for the parts to come from China. On Aug 15 I receive a call from the Corp office to let me know the part are going to arrive in a month. They agreed to let me go pick something else out. Only because I let them know I had started a dispute with GE Capital. On Aug 16, We went to the store and could not find anything we like and ask if I pick something for less and get a refund and was told "No" only store credit. We told the store manager we would have to think about what we wanted to do. Today Aug 19 received a call from Corp and said they are bringing out 2 new pieces, because I could make my mind up. The lady that call today was so rude and I let her know they will not rush me into another purchase and I'm not going to replace this with 2 new piece when it didn't last 2 month. Reward of the Roomstore most of the furniture comes from China this is what the sales man told us after the fact.

Billing

Their billing is screwed up!! I went to the Austin North location and bought my furniture. I put down $1000...

Scam

Complaint against the Roomstore and TRS Financing which is inside The Roomstore in Glendale, AZ. I have gone...

RIP OFF

I went to Roomstore to buy a sofa and was directed to there special financing because of credit issues. I was to purchase the sofa 90 days same as cash but it was written up as I lease it but I had no intentions of leasing. The mgr at TTS Aaron related he would turn the account to 90 days same as cash on Nov 1st since he had a quota issue and the lease contract was only temporary.<br /><br />
Nov 1st I called to verify this and he then tells me he will only honor if I buy more furniture. Not only this I was charged 10.00 more dollars than the ad I brought to the store and 20.00 more for delivery than I agreed upon that stated it was $65.00 because of Sunday I did not request Sunday nor was I aware they were doing this as Aaron stated he thought they were delivering at No charge. I was gullible believing this con as I needed a sofa but 3 days later when I realized it all I asked for my monies back and they could take their sofa they gave me a hard time and told me no refund for at least 30 days or more. I went to Romstore CS and demanded help and they talked with TRS and Roomstore manager and I was told it would be 90 days same as cash and they would credit me the 30.00 but now TRS will not honor and are holding a 125..oo personal check deliberately as I -sent certified US mail. I am a senior and I have been conned and treated disresptfully by this TRS company who will not tel the truth. HELP<br /><br />
<br /><br />
I have written AZ Attorney General Consumer Affairs

Crooks

I bought furniture from The RoomStore. It was damaged when it was delivered. Two months later, they still have our money and the furniture.

PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY TO THE END AND YOU WILL FIND THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE YOUR COMPLAINT.

Have you seen their disclaimer “The warranty is void if they consider that damage was caused by abuse, negligence, or accident etc.?” In this case the damage was caused by abuse, negligence or accident by The Room Store before it was delivered. They fraudulently use they their warranty.

They don’t care!!!

We have tried calling them and they don’t return our calls. Just like everyone else. Now we don’t want to talk to them.

I’m a patient person. I will contact our credit card company. I also think there are more significant issues after reading this list, fraud comes to mind so I will contact The Office of the Attorney General. And then we will see what happens…

And, I happen to have great media contacts nationally which may be more of a problem for them. A few articles and then maybe take out a full page ad beside theirs indicating that they are not reputable.

They hire incompetent customer service reps and they lie. This company is worse than used car dealers. My lawyer is as sharp as a tack. I have more confidence in him to obtain a resolution than I do talking with any of the incompetent employees at The RoomStore.

I’m sure they do get complaints, but to generalize and infer that those of us that have legitimate complaints are liars, and they pocket millions for not following through is a disgrace. The warranty that they use generates hundreds of thousands of dollars for The RoomStore annually and is not worth the paper it is written on.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT BUY FROM THE ROOMSTORE.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT APPLY FOR CREDIT FROM THIS COMPANY

This business is preying on you in a bad economy. Some of us can still afford to buy but we don’t want junk and damaged goods for our hard earned dollars.

If you do buy or have bought and have a problem contact your Attorney General. (Google Attorney Generals Office and your state—there are consumer laws with regards to delivery of damaged furniture, credit issues, warranties and just because they say they say they will not refund your money does not mean they are telling the truth and does not mean that it is legal) If they do not follow the law they will be prosecuted and the companies will be fined. There is a recent case in Texas charging National Furniture Liquidators with deceptive trade practices. They will do the work for you and in this case, they are seeking $20, 000 (that will go to the State) for “EACH” violation and they are seeking refunds for all the victims. The Texas AG’s office encourages you to call if you have a complaint 800-252-8011or file a complaint at www.texasattorneygeneral.gov. Also contact all of your State Senators and your United State Senators. The AG’s office and the Senator’s office will let you know specifically what the law is and how to lodge a complaint, Free. The AG will do it for you if the company violates laws and if they have a series of complaints, so send them your complaints. Then you can contact a lawyer if you want. This is the only way to deal with a company that repeatedly uses bad business practices. I’m sure it will be a long time before we see our money but The RoomStore will have a fight. I don’t have the energy to do it so I will put it in the hands of other’s that know how to deal with unscrupulous people with unscrupulous business practices. I actually might enjoy watching the time and money The RoomStore will have to waste, just as I wasted my money buying at The RoomStore and my time trying to resolve this.

• La
    laisha Jan 19, 2011

managers sells customers defected furniture they pocket cash never pay in cash

• La
    laisha Jan 19, 2011

every piece i brought in rockville is damaged and i paid in cash and got a tip that the owner is taking money and using it to take females out

Horrible delivery service

I ordered a entertainment console and the bridge panel, a 2 piece set. It was delivered on 10/31/09. When the delivery guys dropped it off, it was missing the parts to connect the console and bridge together. This is annoying as we were excited for our new furniture. They called customer service to ship out the missing parts. On 11/04/09 the missing parts were delivered and I found out I did not receive ALL of the missing parts I needed. They setup a service guy to come out and put the piece of furniture together 11/11/09 and now I am waiting to hear if they can correctly figure out what missing pieces I do not have and get me those before the service guy comes.

I have never dealt with such horrible service. It is hard to believe RoomStore is a furniture company and this is what they have to offer. To really top things off, the console has a chip in the wood. My fiancee and I are very dissatisfied with RoomStore. I have bought furniture from Rooms To Go before and never had any problems like this. I now know I should always shop at Rooms To Go unless RoomStore can show me they know how to run a business.

Cancellation of order

My wife and I bought an end table and chair/ottoman. The items were delivered to the nearest store and we went to pick them up. Unfortunately the chair/ottoman would not fit in our car. Because RoomStore will not deliver anything once it is shipped to its stores, we opted to cancel the order. No one in the store (three sale people, no customers) could handle a refund transaction so i had to call back the following afternoon to speak with an office manager. She told me there is a 10 percent restocking fee (it's in the contract). I mentioned it might be a good idea if the sales people also mentioned that (they seem to bring up an extended warranty, couldn't they mention a restocking fee?). The office manager basically said they don't mention it because it is in the contract. The she proceeds to tell me that the manager offered to deliver the item in his own van, but I told him no. That's a lie. At no point during our effort to "return" the item did anyone offer a solution to getting the chair/ottoman to our home. was told to rent a truck and do it myself. The office manager said "that's what the manager said." Well, I don't care what he said, he's a liar. And that is a perfect demonstration of their "customer service" or lack there of. My word of advice...don't be done in by fancy TV ads...avoid this place. Bad customer service all around. In this day and age one would think they'd try harder...but obviously RoomStore's policy is take the customer's money and offer no service (unless you want to buy the warranty).

• Te
    Terri-RoomStore Aug 14, 2009

My name is Terri Jobe. I am the Director of Customer Service for the RoomStore. I apologize for the terrible service you received from our store and am very sorry we let you down. Please contact me at [email protected]

• 1w
    1watcher Sep 10, 2009

Dear canceling of order:

I worked at Roomstore and yes, the salesperson should have said something.
    However, how dumb are you that you were going to try to put a chair and ottoman in a car. If you received terrible service, it may be because of a corporate attitude as expressed by people like Terri Jobe who immediately throw the store employees under the bus. What she should have said is that the Roomstore is a showroom and the chair/ottoman was brought to the store as a courtesy. Further, that you could have paid to have it delivered. Those are the rules.
    It seems that the corporate people can jack up the delivery price to the highest in the area but not stand behind their people when there's a problem. Keep in mind that the salesperson who waited on you made 4% of the sale.
    Terri Jobe you should be ashamed of yourself!!!

Taking so long to fix my furniture

We purchased the Cindy Crawford leather couch and sofa, we loved the look, and we have purchased from Roomstore several times in the past and have always been happy. Howevr, when we purchased the furniture in August 2008, they delivered it, but there were noticeable flaws in the leather, so would not accept the furniture - they brought out 3 different sets before we were satified.

However, a few months into owning the furniture, we noticed that the foam was not bouncing back where were sitting. We didn't act immediately but in April 2009, we contacted the Roomstore to come out and look at the furniture. They determined on April 20, 2009 that the foam needed to replaced.

Today is June 19th and the "parts" have still not come in. They cannot tell me when they will come in, although on June 5th when I made an inquiry as to where the parts were, they told me they would be in "next week." I just got off the phone and they have no answers as to when the furniture can be repaired - the representative is going to get my message to management immediately to try and get our furniture repaired, but still cannot give me an estimated date of repair.

I'm very disappointed in the quality of this furniture and I wonder if others are having the same problem with this particular line. I wonder if Cindy Crawford cares that her name and reputation are at stake with this furniture.

Has anyone else had this problem? How was it resolved? I would be happier if I could just get them to take this furniture and give me the credit to pick out something different. They say they won't do that until they have fixed it at least once.

• Tj
    tjobe Jul 27, 2009

My name is Terri Jobe, I am the Director of Customer Service at The RoomStore.
    I am very sorry we have let you down by not expediting the repair to your leather set. I want to assist you. Please contact me at 800-755-7378.

Manny L. Aug 04, 2010

I bought the Cindy Crawford Leather sofas (they come in separate pieces, with an ottaman). The color is beige. I bough the furniture only 2 years ago and the leather has completely cracked and faded. It cost me $1, 900. This is unbelievable! It's like they say, there is Leather and then there is LEATHER. Leather comes in different qualities, but this is just out of control. What a bad quality. When I went to Rooms to Go a couple of weeks ago to re-order the part again, it was discontinued. I have bought from Rooms to Go before, actually all my furniture is from Rooms to Go. I bought all my furniture there starting in 2003, because of their great financing program, but you pay for what you get. Actually, it was quite expensive. They are really not that inexpensive. I've had minor issues with them before, but was pretty satisfied with their furniture. However, after this experience, there is no way I am purchasing more furniture from them again. Compare, shop around and be smart about your money/finances. I am very dissapointed with them.

• Kd
    kdhawk Nov 12, 2010

I also am sick of the RoomStore. I bought a full living room set 2 months ago. I was told the couch was out of stock but would be in, in a couple of weeks. After several call I was told that it would be in no later than the middle of October. I called again and was told it would be delivered the week of November 7. Well tomorrow is November 12 and still no couch. What ever you do, do not buy from the RoomStore. I will tell everyone I know, and will figure a way to spread the word over the Internet about the lying crooks.

False Advertisement

To Whom It May Concern:
I purchased furniture on May 7th 2009 and was told by my sales person that the items would be put together and if the prices were discounted I would get the difference within 30 days. I spoke with Brian, the store manager on May 12th about the tables I purchased and he told me the items were not put together, however, if I had issues putting these items together I could return them. I arrived May 12th around 6 pm to pick up half of my order (loveseat, chair, couch, and lamps) and finally by 9 pm, all my furniture came out of the back. After wasting half my evening trying to get furniture, I was told that there was going to be a 10% off sale and I would get the difference starting May 16th, even after I used a 10% coupon I printed off the internet. May 16th came and I saw my pieces of furniture were discounted in the store by 10% and so I went home and selected all the furniture pieces I purchased May 7th and took a screen shot showing they were 10% off the original price. I then proceed to enter my coupon code (promotion code) into the order and another 10% came off. I printed both of these screen shots off so I could tell Roomstore about this situation. I called May 20th and spoke with Mary, without giving my name or phone number, I asked if the rest of my furniture had arrived and her response was, “how am I suppose to know if it is here or not”. Mary was not very friendly and when I told her about my situation with the discount, she screamed at me and said “if I knew why you could get 10% more off, I would be on Opera and told me to call customer service”. I could not get through to the 1-800 on the web-site so I called the Fairfax store, and spoke with a manager who was extremely pleasant and gave me the customer service issue line (I can see why Roomstore has one) and also told me I need to discuss it with the store manager before calling someone higher up. I called back to Roomstore and Mary answered the phone and I asked her when Brian was going to work and her response was, “he is off for a while”, and I continued to ask her and she finally told me “Saturday, sometime” and asking once again she told me it was Saturday 9 – 6. I did tell Mary I will be sending a complaint to Brian concerning her customer service and her response was, “whatever”. Roomstore is in the business to sell items and have great customer service, Mary does not have good customer service and she is one reason I will not be back to purchase from Roomstore. I then called the customer service line and received zero help from the first lady who refused to let me talk to a manager and told me she knew about my situation from Mary. So I understand that Mary called instantly to customer service to try and cover up her terrible customer service. Finally after asking about a dozen times from the rude customer service lady, she finally transferred me and I spoke with the manager for approximately 10 minutes to no prevail. The manager was very nice and understood my concerns, however she told me it was not false advertising, it was a GLITCH. It appears to be false advertising to me and lies by the sales team. If this situation cannot be resolved by Customer Service or Brian, the store manager, I will be forced to contact the Better Business Bureau of America and will be contesting 10% of my credit card charge when I receive my statement. This situation shows me that Roomstore does not have customer service skills and that they use false advertising for a quick sale (I have researched Roomstore complaints on the internet and this is not the first time that a buyer was told they would get a discount if the price went down within 30 days). I will never shop in roomstore again and as I told the sales people May 7th, I still need to purchase one more living room set and three bedroom sets. I am glad I only purchased one set of items from roomstore and not all the items. Marlo or any other furniture store will enjoy my business and treat me like a customer and not an “inconvenience to them”

• Ha
    Hadenoughof MaryD Feb 10, 2010

I too had the misfortune of dealing with Mary. She takes rude to a whole new level! She will prevent you from speaking with management and your sales person. Point in case I call for my sales person she told me the lady was not there and to call customer sevice. I found out after coming into the store that my sales person had been at the store all day. Over the phone she said tha manager, Isaac, was not available. When calling customer service, she had already relayed her details of my complaint to cover her tracks. Funny when I spoke to my sales person, Anita, the issue was resolved within minutes.

Mary is the sole reason I will NEVER return to the Roomstore in Falls Church.

No customer service

Where do I begin...We purchased a leather living room set in Nov 2007. Upon delivery, one of our end tables was damaged on top. We contacted the Roomstore and there was a lot of loop holes...first the repair man came out and repaired it. Of course, we were not satisfied since we paid for a new table not a repaired table. He told us that we would have to wait for him to leave and contact the Roomstore again to let them know we were not satisfied. Contacted them again, they offered only a $25 discount off of a $200 table. We were not satisfied so they sent the repair out again. This time he came out and looked at it. We had to contact them again to let them know were not satisfied with it and finally they sent us a new one. Which when we received it, the lid did not work right. I decided to live with this. Four months later, the color started coming off of our leather couches...everywhere our skin touched...great quality. Again we contacted The Roomstore. Less loop holes, the guy came out and said it was a defect and that he would recommend a reselection. Went to the Roomstore, picked out new set (they were nice enough to take the tables too since they wouldn't match anything). Picked out the new set and they refunded us for the old set. They wanted to charge us for delivery of the new set and after arguing with them, they decided to give us a $99 credit toward the new delivery. Next, there were problems with billing. We had to contact them several times to have it fixed. They somehow excluded our deposit amount. Finally that was fixed. Now with both sets, we purchased a $186 warranty. This was not a general warranty for the product. This was a warranty to protect the leather from accidents such as a pen hole, fingernail polish, etc. We noticed that they did not refund us this money from the old set. After about 6 months of contacting the store and them giving us the run-around, they said we used this warranty when we 'returned' the first set. Hello, it was a defected couch. Not our fault! My husband and I have been so sick of dealing with them, we just decided to eat the $186. I didn't even mention how much of a headache it was for us to take off from work to meet the service men those many times and the 1 hr. trip to the store for the reselection (we live in the country). What a big mess!!! Not to mention, we noticed on our new tables, the week of delivery, cracks in the wood that had been 'fixed'. Warning, don't go there!

• St
    Steve G May 14, 2009

I am so sorry for the service that you received!

My name is Steve Giordano and I am the COO of Roomstore.

Please contact me @[email protected] and I will make sure that you get your money back!

Sincerely,

Stephen Giordano

Fraud and cheating

We purchased a wallsaver recliner Nov 17, 2007. It was placed on order and did not come in until Dec 2007. 9 months later then seat was falling apart. A technician was sent out and ordered a new seat which was installed in Oct 2008. 1 month later that seat started falling apart.

Technician came out again and determined that this was a manufacture defect. Unfortunately, this chair has been discontinued so they cannot replace it.

RoomStore refuses to give us a refund even though we were well within the 1 year warranty. They said we can choose another chair but we have not been able to find one that we like and we have only 30 days to make a choice.

We purchased the Fabric Protection and 5 year extended warranty which they will not include in the cost of the new chair (even if we could find one).

I would not recommend purchasing from RoomStore. Furniture is sub-par, poorly made and they do not stand behind their warranty.

Letters are going out to the BBB, Chamber of Commerce, and VP of Operations.

Anthony T. Mar 05, 2009

Dont understand how 9 months later is Nov 17 2007 to Dec 2007?? Am I missing something? Can you give more information as to what was the model and make or manufacturer of the seat? Sometmes it's a manufacturing problem not a retail problem. I would of taken it up with the manufacturer also if possible. Fabric protection is always worthless (read the fine print) If you cannot make up your mind for a replacemnt in 30 days then thats on you, it seems fair enough time to me. The BBB does little other than mediation but it's still a good idea if you feel unsatisfied with how this situation was handeled.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices