The Perfume EmporiumGoods paid for but not delivered

D Review updated:

Perfume ordered through website and paid for by Visa.Emails from Chris at [protected]@theperfumeemporium.co.uk said it was sent on 7 April by 1st. class Royal Mail but I had to wait 15 working days before Chris could send a replacement or refund the money.After this wait I emailed again and Chris said a replacement would be with me in a few days;a week has passed and still no delivery.I also asked for proof of posting and he did not give this.

I have since asked for a full refund and that email has not been answered.

An email dated 26 May tells me that a refund is not due until 12 June 'under the distance selling regulations'.

Chris has had my money since 7 April and I have had no goods or credible explanation. Surely I should be entitled to a refund before 12 June?

Emails and contact through the website seem the only means of communicating with the Perfume Emporium---there is no evidence that it actually exists as retailer!

After more emails a refund was made on 12 June

• F
      Aug 28, 2009
    The Perfume Emporium - Non delivery of goods
    The Perfume Emporium
    England, Nottinghamshire
    United Kingdom

Have waited since June for my delivery. Royal Mail has been blamed 5 times for non delivery. Have now asked for a refund but wont hold my breath. This one man band is a fraud. Avoid at all costs (or it will cost YOU)

• S
      Nov 23, 2009
    The Perfume Emporium - non arrival of goods
    the perfume emporium
    United Kingdom

as with other complainants I have fallen victim to their scam. I ordered and paid bu no goods arrived. Contacted them. They told me they had been despatched and blamed royal mail. Told me to wait 15 days Still waiting. This company should be closed down NOW

• F
      Nov 28, 2009

Hi guys, if you haven't received a refund after 30 days what you firstly need to do is contact Trading Standards. Tell them what has happened, give them the name of the Propriertor and the company name and address. They will give you a Referemce Number which you should keep in a safe place for future reference.

In the meantime, write a letter to the Perfume Emporium asking them for your money back. You are legally entitled to your money back after 30 days under 'The Distance Selling Regulations'. Send your letter Recorded Delivery so that the company can't say they haven't received it.

If you still do not get any joy, contact Trading Standards again, quoting the Reference Number they gave you earlier, and they will then take your complaint to the next level.

I trust this information has been helpful to you. NOW GO GET YOUR MONEY BACK!