The Outnet / general customer service and refusal to action my refund

1 United Kingdom

I am writing to make a formal complaint about theoutnet.com. I placed an order with them on 12 october 2016 and it was dispatched on 14 october 2016. On the same day, dhl emailed me to advice that my item would be delivered on 17 october 2016 and that it needed to be signed for. I was given the options of changing the delivery day or location if I would not be available on 17 october 2016 to receive it. Saturday deliveries were not available so I changed the location to the parcel locker at victoria coach station, I received confirmation from dhl stating it would be ready for collection on 18 october 2016.

On 18 october 2016, at a quarter to 5pm, dhl emailed me to say delivery had been attempted at my home address. This obviously should not have happened so I cancelled the order on the website the same day. The next day (19 october 2016) I sent an email detailing why I cancelled the order. I was sent a response the same day by a customer service adviser called laura stating that the order was on the way back to them and I would be issued with a full refund once they received it.

I received another email from her on 21 october 2016 asking if I wanted the order as dhl had advised her of the location delivery change that I had set for 18 october 2016 and I responded that I obviously still wanted it cancelled.

I received no further response and sent a follow up email on 25 october 2016. I again received no response but then received an automated email on 28 october 2016 stating that my order had been returned and I would receive my refund when the return had been processed. I also received an email from laura on the same day confirming this.
On 04 november 2016, 16 days after I cancelled the order, I emailed a formal complaint to the company as I still had not received my refund and I was (and still am) very upset about how bad the service has been. I do not understand how I can make a purchase, pay for delivery and somehow still not receive the order and then, when I cancel the order out of frustration, still not get my money back. I received a response from and adviser called jessica stating that a manager would call me the same day to discuss this. I have had no further contact from the company since and I have still not received my refund.

I am at my wits end. I have spent over £370 and I am still chasing these people around almost 1 month after cancelling my order.

An