Menu

complaints

The Outnet Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
54 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with The Outnet at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for The Outnet has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of The Outnet. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

The Outnet complaints 54

Sort by:

Newest The Outnet complaints

4:04 am EST

The Outnet awful website

I have been their regular customer for 2 years. Maybe that's why I noticed that it looked like they changed it. I don't know how and why, but now it works more terrible than it used to be. Now it's absolutely uncomfortable to use it.
Most of my marked items are just disappeared and I have to look for them all over the website. I have no idea what items I ordered before because this information was deleted as well.
I don't understand what was the point of this nonsense.

H
6:10 am EST

The Outnet refund processing

I called the outnet yesterday with regards to an order I returned on the 14th of november and was told that I would be contacted shortly with a response. I still have not received a response as of yet.

I returned the item below on the 14th of november via dhl, and I received email confirmation from dhl that the outnet in italy received my order. I have not received my refund yet, and the outnet keeps informing me that they will get back to me though they have not as of yet.

Whilst I appreciate that the outnet is currently undergoing a system change, I would like for my refund to be processed in the same manner in which outnet has previously processed all my other orders.

4:41 am EDT

The Outnet don't buy anything from them

I would recommend you not to use them. The delivery service they use is very unreliable and they never deliver on time.
I am speaking of dhl. Needless to say, the outnet called me each time to tell me that the delivery may be delayed, not the dhl.
But I also have some questions for the outnet as well. Why does it take so long to ship simple items that have to be in stock all the time because they are the most popular ones? Ugh, you have so many things to fix.

5:03 am EST

The Outnet take great care if need to return anything... returns service doesn't work

I ordered 3 tops from theoutnet.com to try on and then wanted to return 2 of these. I followed their returns process to the letter and arranged a collection of my returns via their preferred courier dhl (as theoutnet.com say returns are only insured if you use their dhl service). Two days later dhl delivered the package back to me! I have contacted both dhl and theoutnet.com many many times over the last few days. Dhl say theoutnet.com need to provide me with new return labels before they can collect the return. Theoutnet.com tell me dhl should provide me with the necessary paperwork (ie a new airways bill) which should then make a recollection possible. Dhl are adamant they don't provide airways bills any longer... So I can't get my returns back to theoutnet, com and therefore I am unable to get my refund. The staff at the theoutnet are always very sympathetic and have promised to help in all sorts of ways, but nothing actually ever happens... So unless you are 100% sure you want the item you are buying take great care before using this company...! Looking at what to do next to escalte this... If anyone has an email address or phone number for someone senior could you please post this...

Read full review of The Outnet and 2 comments
2 comments
Judit gabor
Apr 09, 2018 5:08 am EDT

Who needs aggregation with any purchase or returns ? There’s too much competition in the market place for your business so any firm who makes returns problematic is just going to lose you as their customer in the long run !

Judit gabor
Apr 09, 2018 4:57 am EDT

Too bad, who needs aggravation with a purchase ?

6:01 am EST

The Outnet wrong sizes!! I want my money back!

I bought two dresses from www.theoutnet.com and they sent me the wrong sizes. The whole thing was their fault and they refused to help me. When I contacted theoutnet for the first time I only asked for the replacement but they said they did not have my size in stock. Only after that I said that I would like to get my money back.
They claimed that was impossible and told me to keep the dresses. There was no way I could ever wear those, they were way too small and tiny. This was my first experience with theoutnet and it was terrible, I will never buy anything from them again! All this happened because of these scammers, they knew that my size was not available and did not want to give my money back, so they sent me a small size! Total scam!

7:37 am EST

The Outnet bag

Hello. I have ordered a bag from the outnet online store. My order arrived in a timely manner and I was pretty satisfied with the quality of the product. Unfortunately, after two days of using zipper broke. I contacted customer service and explained what happened. Their rep said that there was nothing they could do because it was my fault and I broke the zipper!
That was not my fault. Zipper did not work properly and when I pulled it broke. They sold me a defective product!

12:14 pm EST

The Outnet general customer service and refusal to action my refund

I am writing to make a formal complaint about theoutnet.com. I placed an order with them on 12 october 2016 and it was dispatched on 14 october 2016. On the same day, dhl emailed me to advice that my item would be delivered on 17 october 2016 and that it needed to be signed for. I was given the options of changing the delivery day or location if I would not be available on 17 october 2016 to receive it. Saturday deliveries were not available so I changed the location to the parcel locker at victoria coach station, I received confirmation from dhl stating it would be ready for collection on 18 october 2016.

On 18 october 2016, at a quarter to 5pm, dhl emailed me to say delivery had been attempted at my home address. This obviously should not have happened so I cancelled the order on the website the same day. The next day (19 october 2016) I sent an email detailing why I cancelled the order. I was sent a response the same day by a customer service adviser called laura stating that the order was on the way back to them and I would be issued with a full refund once they received it.

I received another email from her on 21 october 2016 asking if I wanted the order as dhl had advised her of the location delivery change that I had set for 18 october 2016 and I responded that I obviously still wanted it cancelled.

I received no further response and sent a follow up email on 25 october 2016. I again received no response but then received an automated email on 28 october 2016 stating that my order had been returned and I would receive my refund when the return had been processed. I also received an email from laura on the same day confirming this.
On 04 november 2016, 16 days after I cancelled the order, I emailed a formal complaint to the company as I still had not received my refund and I was (and still am) very upset about how bad the service has been. I do not understand how I can make a purchase, pay for delivery and somehow still not receive the order and then, when I cancel the order out of frustration, still not get my money back. I received a response from and adviser called jessica stating that a manager would call me the same day to discuss this. I have had no further contact from the company since and I have still not received my refund.

I am at my wits end. I have spent over £370 and I am still chasing these people around almost 1 month after cancelling my order.

T
2:27 am EDT

The Outnet I want my money back!

I've ordered a pair of straight leg jeans from www.theoutnet.com and received skinny leg jeans. I contacted customer service via email and their rep replied that I need to contact them via phone to resolve the matter. So I called and explained the situation. Their rep was really nasty, he tried to assure me to keep the jeans because there was no big difference between straight and skinny.
Then they put me on hold and after about 30 minutes they said they'll contact me back within 48 hours. Two days later when I called them they said they need more time to resolve my case! Absurd! I want my money back!

Read full review of The Outnet and 1 comment
1 comment
Indre Salonen
Nov 11, 2020 2:34 am EST

My return was received on 21 -24 of September according outnet they made a refund on 26 of September today is 11 of November no money yet, asked to get a swift copy of transaction they couldnt provide it, asked to check if account is corrcect which I gave- no respond. Terrible

D
9:41 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Horrible company and the worst things. I ordered some clothes from the website www.outnet.com. These jerks delivered bad quality things and buttons easily felt off. Also after some time, small holes started to appear everywhere on the clothes. These people are scammers and liars, who take money and provide bad-quality things. Please post your comments about this company.

4:23 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered sunglasses from the website www.outnet.com. It was the awful experience and the company is really bad. They haven’t sent my order at all, but they told me completely opposite things. I waited 2 months and listened their fake promises, but in result I cancelled my order and asked for money back. I still haven’t received my money back. They are...

S
3:56 am EDT

The Outnet items were horrible

My friend and I ordered some clothes from the website www.theoutnet.com. After 4 weeks we got the package, but items looked like crap. The colour was completely wrong and the size of one jacket was fault as well. We contacted the online chat agent and he promised to change the clothes. We returned the order, but after that we haven’t received any news or info. As well as we didn’t get order back. These people are scammers and liars, who promise a lot, but in result you get nothing. Please post your comments about this company.

Read full review of The Outnet and 2 comments
2 comments
G
G
Ganne
Jan 23, 2013 12:27 pm EST

Display is utterly dreadful. It is as if they want to put you off buying. Too few options to refine your search. And items are not grouped by colour so you think that you are looking at a jumble sale. Puts me off buying big time.

Aclio
Jun 18, 2012 4:41 am EDT

My dresses arrive with marks/stains on the front. customer service on the phone was a NIGHTMARE. the only good thing that happened was getting my money back. I will never shop with this company again.

H
10:42 am EDT

The Outnet seller stopped to communicate

I ordered two skirts from www.outnet.com. I received them on time, but they didn’t fit me at all. I wanted to return these skirts, and the seller agreed to take them back. I returned the order and after that I never heard from the seller again. This ### stopped to reply to my emails and that’s all. No refund. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Let’s share views about this website.

O
6:55 am EDT

The Outnet they charge you £8 for any return

I have never encountered a store where they charge you so much to return clothes. They charge you £8 for any return! So no matter what you order, if it doesn't fit or it's not very good, they still charge you. Delivery to the UK is only £5.95, so they're not just covering the delivery charge - they're making money from you just by delivering it to you. I don't mind paying for the delivery charge, but charging more is completely unacceptable and makes shopping online less good than the high street. Go to other online retailers instead - they're much better.

Read full review of The Outnet and 1 comment
1 comment
Far43
Jun 03, 2016 8:37 am EDT

I purchased 5 dresses from the website www.theoutnet.com. I was really disappointed in the services, ‘coz the seller informed me that my order was sent and I needed to wait about 4 weeks. I waited 2 months and during this time I listened fake excuses and promises. I was furious and asked to return money back, but this jerk again only promised and blah-blah. The worst company and services ever, so avoid these ### and post comments about your experience with them.

S
10:55 am EST

The Outnet I will not be shopping there in the future

I bought a bag from theoutnet only to have them call me and tell me that, too bad for me, they didn't have the bag. They offered no compensation or apology for their mistake. I shop a lot online and it is rare to encounter customer service that is so difficult. I will not be shopping there in the future. One of the most disturbing things about shopping online is the idea that you don't know if you will get the item.

Overview of The Outnet customer experience

The Outnet, an online fashion retailer, has been receiving numerous complaints from consumers. Customers have reported issues with the quality of products, incorrect sizing, and poor customer service. Many have also expressed frustration with the return process, citing long wait times for refunds and difficulty in obtaining exchanges. Additionally, some customers have reported receiving damaged or defective items, with little to no assistance from the company in resolving the issue. Overall, The Outnet has a poor reputation among consumers, with many warning others to avoid shopping with them.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

The Outnet contacts