The Moorings / Poor quality boat

1 93 North Park , Clearwater, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888 952 8420

Several friends and myself wanted to sail the cays of Belize. We chartered a cat out of Placencia in Belize. Spending a total of $5k. When I arrived I check out the boat and found several things wrong the worst was a leak from the high pressure side of the water system. I asked the dock boy to fix it and refill the almost empty tank he forgot. I admit I should have checked. We left the next moring after preflight. That afternoon I noticed the fridge was warm and the freezer was about 10c. The food went bad the next day. Durning the night the low voltage alarm went off after about 4 hours of 3 fans running and the semi functional refrigerator being on. We ran out of water after 1 day because the dock boy forgot to fill the tank and we couldn't get the secondary tank to flow. There were several other problems that were things that go wrong in the night. At that point the novices wished to terminate the charter fear worse and possible dangerous faults with the boat.
The most annoying problem was when I sent 3 letters and 1 faxed letter to there home offices I got absolutely no reply. I went on several websites before the charter that were supposed to be for charter review like saildirector.com. When we returned from the charter I left negative feedback on saildirector.com and charterexpert, com they were immediately removed. Apparently saildirector.com and charterexpert.com are shills for The Moorings. Don't trust their reviews. I don't know who to trust. I want to charter again, it's a great idea getting a boat in the places you want to go without slogging through rough seas for 3 weeks to get there. If I can't get truthful reviews then I will probably not charter again.

Oh Well

Andre

An

Comments

• St
      11th of Oct, 2008

Hi Andre,

Sorry to hear about your charter experience! I have forwarded your complaint to my contact at The Moorings. I hope it is resolved soon.

As for your review on CharterExpert.com, we never took it down. You can find it here:

We have reviews for The Moorings at other destinations as well as reviews for Belize as a charter destination. You may have been looking at the wrong review page when you thought that we took your review down. I assure you that we are an independent review site of The Moorings and any other charter operator. My partner and I go to great lengths to assure the quality of the reviews. Even if we suspect a review is fraudulent, we give the benefit of the doubt to the reviewer.

Good luck getting your issue resolved with The Moorings. I hope I was able to renew your trust in CharterExpert.com.

Yours truly,