The History Channel / program choice

United States Review updated:

I take serious issue with the type of programs the History Channel has chosen to broadcast, not only do the shows have little to nothing to do with history, but they are simple minded in nature and offer nothing in the way of enjoyable educational programing. The fact that the people at History Channel have sunk so low as to show such idiotic reality TV shows in place of their former informative and engaging documentaries saddens me, and I have no desire to watch men chop down trees, or splash about in a swamp, or even listen to a narrator find every possible way to convince you that our history was shaped by aliens.
Therefore, if History Channel refuses to show any history, I suggest they change their name to something more appropriate, rather than lead people on in the delusion that there will, in fact, be history on the History Channel.
On a side note I think I ought to mention that I am 21 years old, so anyone who may have thought that only the older generation enjoyed the History Channel, they were quite mistaken.

Db
Feb 20, 2013

Comments

• Ra
      Feb 21, 2013

The only thing "idiotic" is you or your parents, whoever is paying that cable bill. $40 a month for ###ic trash? You people have got to be kidding...or you're simply "writing it off " as "I have no life, and that's what it costs me." Total idiots...anybody who pays for TV these days.

• Ms
      Apr 07, 2013

What happened to history??? All I see are grown men and women butchering animals. Hogs, ducks, gators, now deer? It's disgusting. Its bad enough the news is filled with us killing each other but now we have to watch new ways to slaughter innocent animals. Are alligators the new buffalo? Lets desensitize our youth even more! I hate this channel!!! I'm done, just put my TV on the side walk!

Jan 15, 2014

I want to start of by saying that I have always loved the history channel because I have been able to learn many things I didn't learn in school because I hated school, But that's another story.What I don't understand is why has the History Channel like so many other channels become a haven for garbage programing.I know that So-called reality shows are very cheap to produce and make big bucks.Are you people really ready to give up your integrity for the almighty buck? you should be ashamed of yourselves for what you have done to your chanel.Thank god you have left H2 alone.However I wonder how long it will be before you have two chanels that show nothing but CRAP, and that is what so-called reality programing is.I call it so-called because they are not real they set up the situations and many of them do have a very lose form of script.I'm not going to get into how phony they realy are.I just want to know why you decided to insult your viewers by programing that CRAP.All I can say is you need to get rid of the JERK or JERKS who decided to do this awful thing to your station.I know you probably will laugh at me for writing this bacause you have no respect for people who made it past the third grade in school.If any of this sinks into your greedy little minds please knoww that there are still people ho care about you chanel and would love to se it return to the great chanel that is WAS.By the way I will keep checking to see if you have gone back to what you used to be but until then I will watch chanels with programing that does NOT INSUTL MY INTELEGENCE.I will say Thank You for reading this even though I know you don't give a damn.

Feb 03, 2016

I was so excited when I began to watch these series. Then, I realized that they explore but NEVER FIND ANYTHING! Nothing is even CLOSE to being a "truth" or a "find". Why bother? "We might find..." "It may be..." Never ANYTHING definitive.

Sheesh. Talk about a lunch bag letdown. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Sheesh