Tesco - St. Mellons Store, Cardiff / Broken PC keyboard - they're full of crap!

I bought a new computer from Tesco on September 26th, 2006 and set it up, only to find the keyboard was broken. I had to use my old keyboard to set the computer up as I needed it for business, and took the keyboard back to the shop today for a replacement. The woman at Customer Services told me I needed to dismantle the WHOLE computer and take it back to the store. When I explained that there was a lot of personal info on there, including things I paid to download off the internet that I couldn't afford to lose, she told me to come back after the managers meeting in 2hrs to speak to the manager, who could authorise a replacement.

I drove back 2 hrs later, only to be told again that I needed to delete everything on the computer, dismantle it and return it, just for the sake of a keyboard. If I didn't want to do this, then I would have to phone the computer's manufacturer (Philips) and get a keyboard from them. I was given a leaflet with the number on it. It was the WRONG number! I rang it several times, only to find the number was no good [protected]). For help and advice, I decided to phone Tesco's helpline [protected]) to ask what to do...only to be put on hold. After 75 MINUTES on hold, I hung up frustrated. Every couple of minutes the automated machine would say "Your call is important to us. It will be answered shortly". It just goes to show they're full of crap! I've now got a keyboard which doesn't work and am currently using my old one which doesn't match the new computer. On top of that, I had to take 2 trips to the St.Mellons store, costing me petrol and spent 75 minutes being charged local rate for a call which never even got answered. My anger still hasn't eased, I'm fuming.

N  22nd of Apr, 2008 by
If you have bought anything from Tesco that you were not happy with and did not receive the customer service support that you expected then please carry on reading.

I have come across lots of people who have bought items from Tesco and they have broken down and they have not received the support from Tesco to help them rectify the matter. I myself have had a problem with Tesco where an Item has broken down, a wall mounted TV and have been for the past couple of years trying to get it sorted with so many different promises to get the tv replaced, repaired with none of them every happening.

Tesco feel that they are a large company who do not have to worry about customer feedback or about upsetting customers as there are always other people who would go and buy there products so the people who are not happy and there are thousands of them each year, it does not matter to them as they are the biggest supermarket in the UK with the highest turnover.

The customer support I and so many other people have received has been very disgusting. What I am asking people on this forum to do is, to tell their friends about this posting and if you have had a product that you have bought from Tesco or if you have had a service from Tesco or are simply not happy about the way you have been treated by Tesco then please join others like yourself who are making their feelings known by contacting the Chief Executive office on 01707 395150 and ask for Helen and make yourself known to them about your complaint.

We will also be arranging in the new future demonstrations around the UK about the way Tesco treat customers.

Join everyone now who is not happy with Tesco and phone the Cheif Executive office and make yourself be heard and do not let this big company get away with treating their customers in this way.

Tesco Logo Tesco