Tennessee Wholesale Nursery, LLC / Bare root bottlebrush buckeye shrubs

Altamont, IL, US Review updated:

I ordered plants that were to ship at the end of October and were to be 4-5' tall upon arrival. Their website has a page dedicated to photos and descriptions of how the items will be packaged for safe shipping and how they will look upon arrival. I felt confident that I would receive a semblance of what I ordered and at the promised arrival time. About 1 month after my order was placed (received an email reciept of charges - but no order confirmation) and a few weeks after the end of October had come and gone, I left voicemails for the company. No reply. I finally emailed the company inquiring about my order (November 21) and said I had not received a call back, nor received my order, weeks after the promised date. I received an email reply with no acknowledgement of my concerns, stating the order should ship soon. I received the order November 27 (about a month after promised delivery date). The bare root shrubs arrived unprotected and unbraced, in an oversized thin cardboard box. They were bone dry and had one dry, thin piece of paper wrapped around the bases (they were bunched together) with no moisture, no protection and perhaps a tablespoon of dry, loose soil granules. This was not as advertised. One or 2 arrived DOA with zero roots. The others were dry twigs with a few wispy, young, fragile, stringy roots. Their website depicted lush, moist, soil encased plants with an abu, dance of healthy roots. I was also promised 4-5' tall plants. I measured and the tallest plant clocked in at 43" with the shortest in the 30" range. I contacted the company via email and expressed my dismay, including photos of the items and asked for a full refund. I received a short, terse reply that a refund was not going to happen and I could ship them back for store credit. I paid $96 for 5 bare, probably dead twigs that were not as advertised and arrived a month after promised date - why would I spend 16 bucks to return their twigs and get store credit to shop with them again?? I replied that the only solution was to give me a full refund. I received a quick response that my only 2 options were to return for store credit or have them send new ones. Again, I do not want to do business with this company nor give them money. Not once did I receive an apology. or acknowledgement of their misrepresentauon, just short, unprofessional emails. Very bad experience.

Je
Nov 29, 2016

Comments

• Ra
      Aug 07, 2018

I wish I would have read the reviews on this business prior to ordering from them. I ordered over 600$ worth of trees and bushes. They shipped them later than the stated date. Trees appeared to have come out of dormancy then died in shipping. Shipped in small thin box, not long enough for the 'sticks' bent inside it. Roots were dry. No green visible with scratch test. Dead on arrival. Followed planting instructions anyway. Sticks still dead. Total scam.