Telus TV & Internet / poor customer service and scheduling system

1 Westminster HwyRichmond, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

I was scheduled to have new TV and Internet installed on Monday the 3rd. I took a half day off from work as I was told my appointment was scheduled in the morning. I waited until Noon, and then phoned the customer service. Without notice, they changed the schedule and claimed my appointment was a whole day schedule. By 3:30 I phoned them again and this time i was placed on hold for 45 minutes just to get the answer "Sorry, the technician is behind the schedule, he is not going to make it." They promised to give me a call the next day (Nov 4) and to make my installation a priority. I was at home around Noon on the 4th, and I saw a Telus truck in the building so I phoned customer service again to see why I had not yet received the promised phone call, and I was placed on hold for another 20 minute wait. Then I was told that "they" would phone me by the end of today to get the rescheduling done. Yet again, I did not receive the promised phone call. I called customer service again around 5 pm. They claimed that they were not able to make changes to the scheduling system, and that I'd have to wait for someone to fix it the next day (the 5th), and they tentatively claimed that I would receive a phone call on the 5th for rescheduling. Again, I had not received the any phone call to resolve the issue on the 5th. I phoned again around 1:30 pm on the 5th and this time the rep said "There is nothing you or me can do but to wait. If you wish, I can cancel your service".

I don't understand where there is such a problem with scheduling. I was scheduled on the 3rd, and then stood up while losing a days pay sitting at home frustrated all day without access to the TV or Internet. I did not receive compensation from your company for that, but instead receive one frustration after another and even have to put up with lousy attitude of the service rep who suggested to simply cancel the service. I am wondering with the scale of Telus' business, why the scheduling system and customer service seems ridiculously unreliable. At the end of the day, it is really like living in the stone age without Internet and TV at home simply because a large multi-billion dollar company cannot manage their scheduling system correctly.

Pi

Comments

• Pi
      7th of Nov, 2008

After trying to get service installed in my condo all week, and today someone from Telus customer loyality department phoned me and tells me that Telus is not able to provide service to my building. I called the building manager, and he confirmed that Telus services are provided in the building, both television and Internet. I have yet to see anyone show up at my unit, and after a week of getting the run around and endless hastles, I am now told there is simply no service available in my building! This is absursd, and a breath taking level of incompetence.

• St
      30th of Nov, 2008

Same problems with the above, However I know that after dealing with telus for long time you can get them to provide you with good service for a reasonable rate.

Summary :
    Telus Customer Service -> BAD BAD BAD
    Telus Services -> Good compared to some other providers.

• Et
      3rd of Feb, 2011

Personally I find dealing with this big company is the same. You must be patient and willing to accept inconvenient to some sort. Telus is good as far as I am concern as the other multi-nationals are no better. At least Telus after service is good and their package deal is very good. As for service schedule, it is very hard to predict. Anything can happen as the technician is just doing his job. Again, just accept it is human and surprises can happen along the way and screw their schedules. In the end you will get your installation done.

• Cj
      8th of Oct, 2011

BLOCKBUSTER CLOSES AND WHAT DO WE GET ???? NOTHING "B" RATED AND WORSE!!! I HAVE BEEN THINKING I WANT ANOTHER SOURCE FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT !!! PAY FOR WHAT VIDEO..I WANT CHOICE..THIS IS THE LONG WEEKEND FRIDAY NITE AND NO NEW MOVIES...I COULD GO TO BLOCKBUSTER AND FIND BETTER TELUS I AM A FAN DON'T TAKE ADDVANTAGE OF US, ...

CYNTHIA