Telkom SA SOCtelephonic sale, misleading information provided when I was sold this product.

I have been trying to cancel a contract that was sold to me with false information since 24 January 2018 and have had no joy to date with any feedback.

The contract initially sold to me was a wireless pocket device for R99pm that would give me 5Gs daytime and 5Gs nighttime data. At no point during the conversation did the sales consultant mention that it was for Telkom to Telkom lines only. Because I don't have any of my family or friends using Telkom I would not have agreed to this contract. It was only when I went into the N1 City Telkom branch that I found out that the deal was for 500MB, which was not mentioned once.

Trail of events:
• 18/01/2018 - Obtained the wireless device
• 24/01/2018 - signed a cancellation form with Ridge at your N1 City Cape Town Telkom branch
• 29/01/2018 - f/up with the N1 City branch, only to find out that my cancellation form went missing and was never submitted. This time I dealt with Donae. Completed another cancellation form (copy attached)
• From 02/02/2018 to 13/02/2018 I have been requesting feedback from Donae, refer 1st attachment with the trail of e-mails.
• 13/02/2018 - the Manager called but said he will have to follow-up and get back to me, to this day no response.
• 18/5/2018 - I spoke to Kgaogelo at the call centre who again promised that they will investigate and provide me with feedback. To date no response
• 17/7/2018 - I spoke to Zesuliwe at the call centre @13:25 who said they are waiting for the sales department to provide feedback and it will take 14 days
• 25/07/2018 - received an SMS stating "Your account for customer [protected] has been suspended due to collection"
• 13/8/2018 - spoke to Senamile @ 12:31 who told me that the case was closed because they didn't get feedback from the sales department.
13/8/2018 E-mailed Sandile Ndaba (Team Leader TBM) who acknowledged my e-mail and said he will forward to the department responsible for my query.
15/8/2018 - F/up with Sandile again, feedback - he will f/up with the relevant department again.
21/8/2018 - F/up again with no response
19/09/2018 F/up again with Sandile - no response to date.

Apart from all the following-up, I have had no joy. My account that was supposed to be cancelled is suspended and I have been handed over to the credit bureau.

Ch