Telkom SA SOC / mobile contract - p10 plus / incorrect device delivered

1 Durban, South Africa

Good day

Hope you are well.

I am have recently purchased a cell phone from Telkom and the application was done online. Initially I send a “call me” message. Then an application was done telephonically with a Telkom agent who returned my “call me” email.

When I told her that I was making an application for the P10, I was told that she did not have that contract and that she only had the deal on the P10 Plus. I confirmed this with her at least 2 times before proceeding with the application.

So now it was for the P10 Plus.

The initial debit was done on the 2 June 2017.

I received the device on Monday, 5 June 2017. Thinking that it is the right device, I set my finger print scanner and password waiting for the Telkom network to connect.

The next morning, Tuesday, 6 June 2017, the network was registered so I tried unlocking the phone which refused to allow me access.

I called the call centre and they advised me to take the phone to the nearest Telkom Branch which was Gateway.

This is where I was told that I had received the incorrect device, they had sent me the P10 instead of the P10 Plus. They checked the system and picked up my contract details, which stated that I had made an application for a P10 Plus. We tried calling the Telkom online sales team from the store but they close at 5 pm and we could not get in contact with them.

I have made numerous telephone calls to them to collect the incorrect device and give me the correct device instead, I have been given all different answers. Telling me that they will escalate this matter and have the device collected. Then when they actually returned my call (about 7 calls to the call centre later), it was either the 12th or 13th June, I was told that the contract was for the P10 and not the P10 Plus. (Clearly no one has listened to the voice call for the application). I was promised an email which I must reply saying that I am cancelling the application, then proceed for the P10 Plus application.

It has been 15 days since I received the device and 14 days since I started my query with Telkom.

I am now lost for words.

I have been with Vodacom for almost 10 years and have not experienced such bad service.

Ka