Telkom SA SOC / change of ownership: telephone line

I collected a form from a Telkom shop in Blue Route, Tokai. The purpose was to take over the phone line from the previous owner of the house we bought in Lakeside.
The form required me to get a copy of my ID, a copy of the ID of the previous owner, bank statements, proof of address.
I took the relevant documents to the Telkom shop in Kenilworth Centre on 28 November 2016, where I joined the queue. A 'consultant' came to me and asked if he could help. I told him the purpose of my visit, and he asked me if I had all the relevant documents. I said yes, and showed him the documents. He told me that I had to have a certified copy of the previous owner's ID.
I showed and told him that the form I had with me did not say 'certified', but merely 'copy of'.
He was adament, and I left to go back to my car, having specially made the trip from Tokai to do the changeover. While walking to my car, I thought that this was not good, I was misinformed. I went back to the shop, spoke to the same person again, telling him that the previous owner is an elderly man in a wheelchair, and I did not know how I would be able to get a certified copy of his ID.
He became quite unpleasant, and I left.

The next day I phoned Telkom in Claremont, and was told to come in. The change of ownership of the line was effected within the hour

• Updated by de Kock, Dec 05, 2016