Telkom / absolute lack of land line / adsl service and totally innefficient and non existent customer service and help

1 South Africa Review updated:

I am at my absolutely wits end and I am hoping and preying that there will be even 1 single person who can help me within telkom.

My adsl and telephone line has been offlline and down since the12th december, over a week already. My business is about to close down directly due to telkom not getting my line up and running again like they have promised so many times last week. Every day I have to call the centre and talk to a different operator (I have spoken to 16 operators over the past week) who tells me that there is a fault on my line (i know there is) and that a technician will be assigned to it (there never is). Yesterday I called the operator and she said she would elecate my problem to her manager. She promised I would get a call back from the manager who never called.In fact I have never received a call from anyone even 8 days later..

I have even tried to query my fault on the telkom website but is says the "fault is closed !!!" unbelievable and so disheartening to say the least.
I have to still pay my mweb account even though my telkom line is down. I spoke to yet another manager today who has now told me that I must wait 3 weeks for the line to go back up, this cannot be true in this day and age.
Fault number - 270crk121210 and 259388

Absolutely disheartened telkom subscriber
Rob

Ro

Comments

• Ev
      29th of Jan, 2011

I have a similar problem. A branch from my neighbours yard has severed my Telkom phone wire mid December, and I have had NO response to this, even after more than a month! I see Telkom trucks everywhere, technicians chatting at by the side of the road-NO action whatsoever. This is the most pathetic service I've ever experienced. I will NOT pay my next account until this is fixed. Fault no: 698CTK240111.