Telkom / adsl line cancellation

1 140 Basden Rd, Centurion, Pretoria, South Africa

I cancelled my Telkom ADSL 4MB line on the 2 May 2018 due to the line being more off then on and very slow download speeds. The final straw and the main reason that made me re-evaluate my internet service provider was that my line was out of service for 5 weeks even though I constantly followed up on the repair even going so far as to phone Mr Baldwin Moshige, it is unfortunate that when I made contact with him he did not let me feel like a customer as he was extremely rude and did not want to listen to my complaint and handled me in a unprofessional manner. He was merely focussed on the way and where I got his contact number.
Only after all this effort and only after initiating the cancellation a technician arrived to repair the line, in my opinion they tried to save face and also maybe convince me to stay. At that time I already made the decision to cancel as I cannot have those interruptions again for those timings. This was also fuelled by the fact that the Open Serve person told me that Telkom's long delays and response times is because Telkom doesn't give high priority and doesn't care about DSL customers anymore as they are phasing out copper (ADSL/VDSL) and replacing it with fibre and fibre is the highest priority currently.
I had a month to month Telkom Line and I was told that I could cancel at any time.
I went to the Telkom store in Centurion Mall and spoke to Ms Maggie Nguluwe where she told me that she cannot help me with my cancellation and it must be done online. I explained that I cannot go online to cancel as my line is faulty and that is why I want to cancel the line because it takes too long to repair. She brought me a cancellation form and I completed it immediately and handed it back to her for processing. She then told me that it can take up to 21 days for the cancellation to go through and be finalised. When the bank debit order was deducted the next month I understood that it was due to the 21 days she explained to me. The following month there was again a deduction that should not have been. I visited the Telkom store in Centurion Mall to enquire about the incorrect deduction and to get reimbursed but there I was informed that there is no cancellation registered on their system thus the service is still "on/active", I produced the copy of the cancellation document whereby they then admitted their failure to process the form. They promised that they will sort the issue and also reimburse me for the time that I paid for service but had none and also to have the service cancelled with effect of my 1st cancellation date.
But as usual the following month the debit order was deducted thus they did not "correct" their fault and I was not using the line as I was under the impression that it was "off/disconnected". I once again went back to Centurion branch and insisted to speak to the manager (unfortunately I cannot recall her name). after she searched my account she confirmed that there is still no cancellation form on the system, I gave her the document and she scanned it in and resubmitted the cancellation also with promises of sorting this out immediately. I was not very convinced that the issue would not repeat itself as past incidences have taught me so I cancelled and blocked the stop order from being processed again as I was still waiting to be reimbursed for the first incorrect debit.
The 1 July 2018 I received a mail form Tshepo Michael Motshopi ([protected]@telkom.co.za)
Cust cancelled the entire service/Contract on the line number [protected] and TIN3008513 on the 02 May 2018 at Telkom Store, Line is stil active, Cancellation still pending under orders.
Reason for cancellation: Service was Always out of Order.
Cust wants to be reimbursed the charges from the cancellation date till to date. We have emailed Cancellation Dep for Further assistance
ID: [protected]
Cell: [protected]
Email: [protected]@YAHOO.com
To:[protected]@yahoo.com
Jul 1, 2018 at 12:19 PM
I have been more than willing and have gone the extra mile in order to get this sorted and have visited the Centurion branch regularly speaking to consultants and the manager to try and solve this issue.
Now this issue had influenced my credit status negatively due to no fault of mine.
I applied for a cell contract for my daughter In November 2018 from MTN as I have no trust in Telkom due to this situation that has still not been sorted. I was not approved due to a credit notice against me. I followed up with the bank only to be informed that there is a Telkom notice on ITC. After following up with the Telkom offices I received a mail on 10 November 2018 that reflected an outstanding payment of R4195, 76.
I went back to Centurion branch on 18 November 2018 where I was assited by Musa Khosa and he sent the following mail.
Musa Khosa (M)
To:Lutendo Mulaudzi (L)
Cc:[protected]@yahoo.com
Nov 18, 2018 at 3:44 PM
This message contains blocked images.
Show images
Sales Agent
Centurion Mall Entrance #2
14 Embankment Road
Centurion
I was then referred to Ms Lourens where he sent another mail.
FA: [protected]
Yahoo/Telkom
• Lourens Grobler (L)
To:Credit Management Delisting
Cc:[protected]@yahoo.com
Nov 18, 2018 at 4:42 PM
This message contains blocked images.
Show images
orAlways show images
Good day
Please assist with above Financial account as there has been mix up with cancelation.
Client requested cancelation in May and services were cancelled and then reinstated.
Cancelled now and credit pending.
Please assist with delisting and letter.
Lourens Grobler
Senior Sales Supervisor
Centurion Mall Entrance #2
14 Embankment Road
Centurion

I did a follow up to Centurion branch where I was assisted by Mr Lourens Grobler, he checked my account and informed me of a R2000 credit, but is the rest is waiting for authorization. On 12 December 2018 I received a mail reflecting that my outstanding account is R4915, 05 nearly R800 more than the initial outstanding amount and even after I was told by Ms Lourens Grobler, I was credited with R2000. Seems to me that I was lied to in my face only to get rid of me and to give me false hope and information.
I was then phoned by Chrisna Botha Account section of Telkom on 3 January 2019 (16h21), to inform me that my credit was arranged. On 11 January 2019 I received a mail that reflects credit to me of R3863, 84 but there is still a outstanding amount of R1051, 84. How can this be possible???, seems every time there is a period that goes by for the relevant parties to investigate and sort out the amount grows exponentially in order to be more than the amount to close the issue and the account.
I feel I have done more than what any normal client would have done to get this sorted and not even perusing other legal avenues but seems like because of this I was not handled as a priority nor with professionalism. This is a fault that started with Telkom branches and the accounts department and should be finalised by them with no repercussions to myself including the clearance of my credit record that should be clean to the extend that this should not reflect anywhere on future or current ICT requests.
I consider this the final correspondence in this regard and will take the necessary follow up actions as I have been advised if this is not completely concluded and proof has reached me by 28 February 2019.

He