Telkom / account / billing query

1 HumewoodPort Elizabeth, South Africa

In september / october 2015 I went to the telkom branch at walmer park, port elizabeth, I was assisted by a consultant named, sosso. I applied for a contract – r379 business with a samsung a5 and 5g data only. It took several days for it to be approved and to get the phone a wanted so I ended up waiting a couple of weeks, my vodacom contract was coming to an end, so I was in no rush. I was contacted by sosso, to come and collect my new phone, on arrival and going thru the process I noticed that the she was giving me a completely different contract – my call 100 or something and not the r379 business I asked for. I stopped her and said this is not the contract I wanted, she then insisted that I take the phone and that she will correct it. I told her that im not going to take the phone until she has cancelled the wrong contract and given me the correct one, she phoned a couple of days later to say it has been sorted and that I can come collect, which I did. I further specifically asked the sales consultant whether any fees where applicable and she said no, the booklet also referred to free connection charges. A week later I got my 1st account from telkom and I was absolutely flabbergasted to say the least. I was charged for 3 connection fees (2 cellphone contracts and a data contract) and I was further billed for the “my call 100” contract which was supposed to be incorrect and cancelled. No one could help me and queries were logged – 3 months down the line I have still not been refunded the r900 in fees which I was promised would be credited to my account. I have made numerous phonecalls, gone to the branch, and all I get is empty promises. The last straw – cherry on the cake, was when I received an invoice on the 1st of december of almost r5000, a cancellation fee of over r4500 for the cancellation of the incorrect contract!!! I have been in contact with leonara at the walmer branch and she has apparently sent emails, log calls but to this date I have received nothing in writing!!! I keep being promised that my account will be credited but to no avail. I honestly can not afford a debit order deduction of almost r5000 and am at the point of seeking legal advice. Please tell me that you can help me or refer me to someone that could. Talitha seddon cell: [protected]

Ta