Teleflora, Ftd, 1800Flowers / Do not order from teleflora, ftd or 1800flowers

1 philadephia, PA, United States Review updated:

I work in a flower shop and I am a member of Teleflora and FTD. I want everyone to know that all the arrangements on their websites are priced with a $7 markup from what they pay us (the actual flower shop filling the order), and on top of this $7 extra, they charge a $12-$15 "Service fee". Now on top of this extra $19-$22 you are literally handing to them, they take 23% of every order that comes in through their network and they charge $150 in just membership fees, and on top of membership fees comes along all kinds of other fees. The moral of the story? go online and find a local florist that will fill your order 100% of the money you give them! isn't that what spending your hard earned money is about? getting what you paid for? don't go through "order gatherers" (as we call them in the flower shop business). And yes, I realize that I could potentially lose business because of this posting but all flower shops have sealed lips about this scam and I am not staying quiet any longer! If you need flowers send in Washington, get their direct phone number and talk to someone in person.

And as a side note, if a flower shop's website is sponsored by Teleflora or FTD, their prices will be super high to compensate for the percentages taken from the actual shops' profits

Comments

• Io
      27th of May, 2008

I am also a florist that can't afford to affiliate with Teleflora or FTD. I have filled two orders with 1800flowers and NEVER got paid at all. I appreciate "Pennsylvania" your honesty and I am in total agreement with your post. Please, please, potential customers, get information from the internet or your telephone information services and find the florist in the area you are trying to send flowers and call them directly. You won't be sorry. You will actually gat $50 worth of flowers instead of $25 after all fees are taken out!!

• Tr
      29th of Jan, 2010

you go girl!! Wire services are ripoffs!!!

• Fl
      29th of Sep, 2010

I am a florist in El paso texas and I recomend everyone to save the trouble with this 1800 flowers ftd and teleflora because all hey do is steal the flowers from the flowers shops they chatge us over 650 dlls a month on fees it is a nightmare to work with them we fill they orders because we think is not the costumers fault but I finally thanks God end my contract with them "membership" cost me in loss over 50'000 dlls is less then 2 yrs I am so happy that they finally let me out and I never will fill their orders again I recomend people to call local florist google one in ur city and keep your money in this country that will make our economy better thanks God bless America

• Cr
      4th of Jan, 2011

ok so why are you a member? maybe because you [censor]ing make money off the orders?

• Ft
      10th of May, 2011

That is a valid question, although a rude way to ask. I'm a consumer and for the first time attempted to use ftd.com. They suck! I have had to call 5 different times and was finally told today that the local florist stated he did not deliver the order. The "customer service" rep at ftd told me basically the local florist wanted a new order submitted with a new delivery date. What!!?? Are you serious! On top of that, ftd.com refuses to give out the florists information so you can contact the local florist directly to find out if what they are saying is true. I will never again use any of these companies and am currently filing a complaint against ftd.com on the Better Business Bureau's website (they are listed). The order was placed on Friday to be delivered to my Mom's workplace on Monday for Mother's Day. It wasn't delivered Monday, and may not be delivered today (Tuesday). Two people have told me they would call me back and haven't. This is ridiculous!

• Tr
      16th of Oct, 2012

I stongly agree with calling your Florist direct. Do not use ANY wire services of ANY kind. I am currently sending my letters of termination to Teleflora TODAY, even though we must service them until January 31st. 2012 because of the directory advertising (blah, blah, blah). We made Teleflora over $30, 000.00 last year. When my CPA completed our taxes and went over the rediculous Teleflora membership summaries, our shop came out $149.50 NEGATIVE. Their are over 140 wire services now, Nation-wide, all claiming and advertising that they are your local florist and are family owned and operated (BS)!!! If you want your loved ones or friends to recieve 100% of the hard earned money you just spent in actual FLOWERS, do yourself a favor, CALL YOUR FLORIST DIRECT or call the "Chamber of Commerce" or "Local Funeral home" or "Local Hospital" in the area in which you wish to send flowers and ask them which "Local Flower Shop" they recommend and then CALL THEM DIRECT!!! Nuff Said!

• Ri
      25th of Mar, 2013

The law firm of Berger & Montague, P.C., located in Philadelphia PA, is currently investigating a possible class action suit against Teleflora LLC in connection with selling flowers that are inferior and of lesser value than the ones advertised on its website, and with delivering flowers past the agreed delivery dates. We are looking into whether a case can be brought to recover money for all dissatisfied customers. If you have had this experience with Teleflora, and have not received a full refund, please contact Kim Walker or Michael Fantini toll free at 1-888-891-2289 or 215-875-3000, or by e-mail: info@bm.net. For more information about our firm, visit our website www.bergermontague.com.
    Berger & Montague, P.C., attorneys are licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania, and some of our attorneys are licensed to practice in additional jurisdictions, including New York, Florida, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, Washington, D.C., California and Connecticut. Our firm litigates cases in state and federal courts throughout the United States. On occasions where the firm practices in jurisdictions in which one of our attorneys is not licensed, we associate with that court on a "for that case only" basis and/or associate with locally licensed counsel.

Advertising Material

• Cl
      19th of Feb, 2014

I am bringing a class action case for consumers who have been ripped off by FTD. Please call my cell: 1-800-279-6996 or email josephsantoli@aol.com. Jos. Santoli, Esq.

• St
      15th of May, 2015

I would rate the your Flowers, If My Beloved 80 Year old Mother received them on Friday may 8th as I was promised, By your website.she lives on Cape Cod
    They did not arrived that day so I called your Customer Serves #1 800-736-3383 and was tolled that you can't deliver to the address I provider. So I ask the nice agent, if I could Cancel my Order, or to change it and have Flowers deliver to my Sweet 98 year old
    Mother-in-law, so She put me on Hold and then apologies to me and tolled me that they would be delivered on Saturday the 9th, to My Mother, the day before Mother day, so I agreed and said that would be Find. I know that
    Mothers Day is the busiest time of the year for them, and one of the most Profitable. I also put a request in on your website, I did get a response from Jake informing me that my flowers that I request for my beautiful Mother would be delivered on May 10th Mothers Day. And guess what, My great Mother who waited all day on the Saturday for the delivery of the flowers I
    ordered from you NO FLOWERS and NO FLOWERS on Sunday as well. so I Called Customer Serves a third time as they ask me again to give a chance to make it right and I did, and they Guaranteed me that tuesday my Mother would get the Flowers. Tuesday came and went No Flowers I called Customer Service 4th(OR should it be called NO Customer Service)
    call me a Sucker I gave them one More Chance for thursday and Guess
    what No flowers the Moral of this Story (FTD=[censored] the Delivery) alway call a local Florist and Never use FTD!!!
    ( they Don't have a Florist affiliate on Cape Cod they will tell you they will get your order on Time and Delivered)

• Mi
      17th of Nov, 2017

Is anyone aware of a class action lawsuit pending or contemplated in any state against FTD on behalf of FLOWER SHOP OWNERS for FTD's deceptive trade practices or something similar?