TechSkills / None

1 WI, United States Review updated:

This isn't even a complaint at all.

For all of you that went to techskills...Techskills itself is NOT a scam completely.It depends on which one you went to.I know that sounds pretty bad but I was a student there and i became A+ certified(IT Technican) and am nearly N+ certified.

How could i become A+ certified if the schools are a "scam"?How could i have fixed a plethora of computer problems(even ones that the Geek Squad out of Best Buy couldn't even fix)?

Honestly, the campus in Brookfield, Wisconsin is the best campus to go to(and is the one i went to myself).Most of the other ones are definitly terrible.

I never had any problems with instructors or really any problems at all.It depends on how each campus is run and just because one campus is bad doesn't mean the other 31 are as well.

You have to check out each campus individually rather than looking it as a whole.

Comments

• Ca
      29th of May, 2009

I agree with you. I enrolled in the 5 months- take as many as you can- enrollment plan and so far I certified with Comptia A+, Security+, Microsoft certified Profesional Xp and Finishing MCSA 70-290 to then move on to 70-291 and completemy 5 months contract. To me it was worth the money, but, If you dont want to put the time then it is your ###ing problem. Dont complaint

• Tr
      24th of Jul, 2009

To the OP: I'm just curious how long you were there. A+ and part of the way to a Net+ means you passed two tests. Did you take the certification courses individually or were you signed up for a specific amount of time? Also, let's be clear about something. Being able to get one cert does not mean that TechSkills hasn't ripped people off. I'm definitely not knocking the fact that you only got one cert. That's one more cert than you had before you started, so kudos to you. But let's not confuse being able to solve a problem that the Geek Squad couldn't figure out with good, solid computer training.

To Carlos: Congrats on your certs. Sounds like you had a good experience and a great environment to learn in. Not everyone has gotten the same results. Now, I agree that some people may have failed to flourish at TechSkills because of their own lack of motivation. But others were promised one type of learning environment while delivered something else. Your success does not rule out the existence of problems. Again, congratulations on your certs!

• Tr
      15th of Oct, 2009

The OP is right on here. The people on this board complaining are likely the bottom feeders of society. I studied hard and had great success. The fact that you are on a board trashing the school I went to is crazy to me. You should see if you can have a specialist fill in the chip you have before you crack in half.