TD Banknorth / Giftcard fraud

1 Londonderry, NH, United States Review updated:

My husband completed a survey at a local supermarket to receive a free $10.00 giftcard from TD Banknorth. The card had an expiration date of 12/09. The card was activated today with our understanding that we would have until December to use the balence. We received no indication that this card was subject to fees or a time restriction other than that printed on the card itself. TD Banknorth said we had a zero balence due to monthly maintenance fees. The customer service reps have been no help with resolving this matter. I just think that this is a perfect example of poor customer service and will we certainly never bank with them.

Comments

• Wo
      28th of Nov, 2009

I have an old gift card for $250 that was partially used. I recently went to check the balance (was $100+) and the person on the phone I finally reached via the number on the card said it is no longer on their books!

She also said the monthly fees must have exceeded the balance, so the card is worthless!

I started banking in my town with Bank of Boston, then Family Bank, and then I believe Banknorth bought them. I have paid thousands of dollars in overdraft fees over the years.

Do people realize they are from Canada? They are probably just laughing at screwing all us Americans.

People have told me "Ah, all the banks are the same" so I haven't done anything-but I absolutely must change banks.

I'm beginning to think TD Banknorth gets away with more since they are based out of Canada. It seems a lot of laws do not apply to them. They are raping Americans and getting richer-and the US government does nothing about it.

Even the turnover in my local branch has been a problem. Everyone good leaves. I guess they force people to work Sundays and cut their hours so they no longer qualify for full time benfits. It seems they do offer good part time opportunities for younger people who might still be college, but they have screwed some of the long time employees.

Simply said, they suck. I don't dream of winning the lottery since I never play, but I do dream that some day the government will put their foot down on Banknorth, and a real class action suit will get going. My dreams ends with that I end up getting thousands back they have screwed from me. That would be heaven.

When the hell is this law about overdraft fees going to be passed?

TD Banknorth needs to be called before congress and answer to their practices.