TATA Indicom / Plan change without informing consumer

1 India

To:

TATA Indicom
Ms. Navaz Karanjia,

I would like to raise a complaint against a SEVERE ISSUE from TATA INDICOM Billing Department of Gujarat Circle. I am a Gujarat TATA INDICOM Customer but due to my Profession I have to TRAVEL a lot and since last 6 months I am moving between Andhra Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. Due to some reasons, from last 3 months I have left my MOBILE at my home (Lucknow) with parents so that I can contact them as per my convenience as I am always on the move. But I have found a BLUNDER done by TATA INDICOM BILLING DEPARTMENT of Gujarat.

Please find my bill of following months (Mar’07, Apr’07, May’07 and Jun’07). Under the CORPORATE SCHEME which I took in August’06, I was entitled of following facilities:
a) 100% Disc on first 250 Local & STD Calls.
b) 100% Discount on CLIP, CW, CF, VMS, & 3 WC.
c) 100% Disc on First 100 Local & National SMS.
d) 100% Disc on Roam Incoming Charges. [UYL 499 Roam Plan Bill Plan Charges]

Under the fourth point, by paying 150 Rs. extra monthly, I was entitled to have my ROAMING FREE for ALL INCOMING CALLS. Kindly check out my March’07 and April’07 bills for CONFIRMING the same.

But since my May’07 BILL, even though I have been charged Rs.150/- for the UYL 499 Roam Plan Bill Plan Charges, my plan for 100% Disc on Roam Incoming Charges was not CHARGED PROPERLY in my BILL. In May month, my incoming was only 359 Minutes so I didn’t bothered to REPORT the issue, but in this Month (June) , for my incoming of total 946 minutes, I have been given a discount of only 750 Rs and rest 196 minutes call have been charged.

I am not able to understand ONE THING that when I SUBSCRIBED for this CONNECTION, I was told about the SCHEMES clearly and if I am not wrong as per TRAI RULES and REGULATIONS, a customer can not be CHARGED for any SCHEME CHANGE without making him informed. So my questions to you are as follows:

1) Why the scheme was changed for me without even informing me?
2) While giving CONNECTION, TATA INDICOM didn’t mention about any TERMS AND CONDITIONS that such PLAN CHANGE can happen and that too without informing Customer.
3) I took this connection coz it was useful for me under my profession and if the SCHEME wont be reverted back to its ORIGINAL FORM, then I will be forced to ESCALATE this matter to TRAI and along with that I have to file a case against TATA INDICOM in Consumer Court.
4) As per TELECOM Companies’ regulations, companies can’t change the PLAN based on which the customer takes the connection till the TIME it has been conflicting with some TRAI guidelines.

Kindly look into the issue and make the NECESSARY adjustments. Also, I would like to request you to ensure that such sort of ERRORS are not done in future. I am regular customer and I have always paid my BILLS on time. Even my CREDIT LIMIT is 10,000 Rs/-.

I am sure that my concerns will be take care soon and I won’t have to ESCALATE it to the TRAI for Consumer Protection and Redressal of Grievances

Please Note: I am going to be on the move (roaming) for may be next 6 months.

Also, after seeing the ISSUE raised by another person (https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/tata-indicom-c1429.html) I believe that such sort of BLUNDERs are done in PAST by billing department.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Pawan S. Dwivedi
Associate Consultant - ES
Herbalife Project – SCM Track,
Infosys Technologies Limited,
Mob: 91-[protected].

The desire to be extraordinary is a very ordinary desire.