Target - Mary Jane Slippers / slippers ruined my dresser!

1 United States

I bought some Halloween "Mary Jane" type slippers from Target. The slippers are made of the soft, fuzzy material and have black round treads on the bottom to prevent slipping. Well, after one hour of wearing the slippers they started to unravel had a hole in them shortly after. I took them off and put them on my dresser so I could take them back after the weekend. Well, when Monday rolled around I grabbed the slippers and found that the black treads left these round, tar-like rings on my dresser! I was freaking out. I grabbed a paper towel to wipe it off, thinking that it was just some sticky black stuff. Well, not only was it sticky, black stuff... it had made round indentations on my dresser! It was like the chemicals that the treads were made of burnt holes where the treads rested on the dresser. I was furious! I went to Target and got my money back for the slippers and have been in contact with their headquarters. I guess they're going to work through the manufacturer so we'll see how that goes. I never thought that I would buy a $4.99 pair of slippers and ruin my $499 dresser!