Target / forced me to take a gift cards (320$!!!) instead of returning to my personal card

Glendale, CO, United States Review updated:
I asked them to look at Asus eeePC laptop (gift for my wife) and was told that they can't open it and I free to take it, check at home and return back if it's not suitable for me. I payed with 50$ Target gift card, 50$ regular visa card and rest with my personal credit card. Attention!!! Seller took 50$ visa card and didn't return it to me after payment. (now I understand that this is a their dirty plan actually and according to rules they HAVE to return it back to customer). Laptop appeared a too slow and screen quality was a very bad for eyes. We decided to return it back and were told that we can get back only 320$ as a gift cards, or to get back all the funds as it was before we need a visa card which they took before!!! (i was lied that they need to take such cards because send them to somewhere, but on visa gift site I found that they strongly recommend keep the card after payment). So, I was pressed to take a 1 gift card for 300$ and one small gift card with 20$. I said them that it look like a cheating, but they hid their eyes from me. They understand that it's not enough fund to start a lawsuit and probably this rules are provided from top managment, otherwise I don't see a reasons to don't return visa gift card to customer (saying we need to send them to somewhere). As conclusion - I have read another complaints and can advise people - Never buy Target gift cards - this is a root of evil if your frends will buy something and then decide to return it, in that case they, like me, can lost more that you presented to them. I said "lost like me", it because I am in a bussiness trip in Colorado and so I probably don't have enough time to spend such, lol, "gifts" in smart way. By old Russian tradition, probably will buy a vodka on New Year and will treat my American friends. Shame on you, Target staff, you are doing in not American way. God bless America.

Comments

Gr
  15th of Feb, 2009
I think Target has a return policy that is clearly stated in their stores. I believe you have 60 or 90 days to return something, but when you do return something, they give you store credit in the form of a gift card.

Target Brands Logo Target Brands