Target Brandscustomer service return/exchange xbox one kinect

I'm complaining about employees at a target branch and the horrible customer service given concerning an exchange. I recently purchased Xbox one Kinect from my local target however upon opening and trying to connect the Kinect, I realize the Kinect that was supposedly Xbox one model was actually a 360 model. So, I head out to target branch in Paramus, NJ. ( I was at a mall in Paramus with a target) I was told I would have to go to the specific store I bought the item. Okay, fair enough. I get to the branch I bought the product and go to guest service. I explained to the associate what I have in hand and requested an exchange. I wasn't requesting a refund, I simply want the product I paid for. I have Xbox one x and the 360 Kinect is useless to me.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Spring Valley, NY Long story short, the store turned me away and refused to give me an exchange. Nothing at all, no credit, no refund. An associate named Angel was the person I was speaking to. They claimed they looked up security cameras and record of product. They claimed they know the product was sealed and that it was not a return and resold item. I was pretty much being accused of being fraudulent . I asked for a manager and waited for 25 minutes without any manager coming to help resolve the matter in hand. Angel called for security instead. Poor customer service. Terrible!! I was told I need to call Xbox and get and exchange from them. I didn't buy the product at a Microsoft or Xbox store, I bought it from target. They should at least give the customer the courtesy of helping get the product I paid them for but all I got was, well we can't do anything about it. Its xbox's Fault.

Ch
Nov 28, 2017

Comments

•   Nov 28, 2017

Did you have a receipt?

Nov 28, 2017

@Wine Is Good Yes I did

Nov 29, 2017

You may want to try calling Target's corporate office for assistance.

Dec 01, 2017

@pobarjenkins Did dat too. They are of no help

Dec 03, 2017

@Chiechie2 If I understand the complaint correctly, they probably think you are the one who made the switch in order to scam them. Unfortunately they have to assume that the employees that accepted the return originally and made the sale to you did their jobs correctly. Most likely that is not visible on any videotape.

Dec 04, 2017

@pobarjenkins Yes exactly. Like I said in my complaint, I was pretty much accused of being fraudulent. Xbox one x is the newest system and the system alone costs $500. So I’m going to spend close to $1000 and try to scam them for a kinect?

•   Nov 29, 2017

Just take it back to the store you bought it from.

• Ks
      Nov 29, 2017

You did *technically* get what you paid for. You didn't get what you needed, per se. You did pay for a 360 Kinect and that's what you got. For high price items like that, you should always quadruple check that it's the right item before purchasing AND opening it. Target won't return open electronics as the website and/or receipt states.

Nov 29, 2017

@kstephy I paid for an Xbox one kinect. Inside the box is a 360 model. So how am I getting what I paid for? The 360 model is of no use to me since I have the newest Xbox model.

Nov 29, 2017

@Chiechie2 Buy at your own risk when it comes to target pretty much. No way for a consumer to know what’s inside the box without opening the product

•   Nov 30, 2017

@Chiechie2 Instead of going to the store she bought it at, she took the 'switched' item to another location entirely. She made herself look like a criminal.

Nov 30, 2017

@Wine Is Good If you read my complaint all the way through... I did go to the store I bought the item from. I initially tried to get an exchange from a different location (didn’t think this was an issue)

Nov 30, 2017

@Chiechie2 I got a better treatment from the first location I went to versus the target I bought it from. It’s obvious the box I got was a returned item. Pretty slim chance the manufacturer would end up packaging an old, scratched up 360 in a new Xbox one, I think. What a way to rip off a customer

Nov 30, 2017

When did I deny that I went to another store? If you read my complaint thoroughly I clearly stated that after the first target location I went to told me to go to the target I bought it from, I did exactly what they advised me to do

Nov 30, 2017

Read twice and maybe thrice in your case before you make a comment

Nov 30, 2017

I wouldn’t refer u to reread my complaint then if dats not what I said first. Wat u think Honestly has no bearing as to whether I get my issue with target resolved. Ur free to pass judgement but make sure u got the specifics right. The intent of my complaint is to share my experience and warn other consumers. It’s one thing for employees to uphold their company’s policies but to be rude and disrespectful to their customers, Oh dats a hell no.

Dec 01, 2017

Oh, it’s childish to want what’s rightfully mine?! I paid my hard earned money for a product and I can’t have it. What world u living in?

•   Dec 02, 2017

@Chiechie2 Your ridiculous slang completely explains why you were denied a return.

Dec 02, 2017

@Wine Is Good Ooh... I’m sorry! Didn’t know I’m suppose to impress people with my slang around here.

Dec 02, 2017

@Chiechie2 Maybe u should suggest to target to make dat as an official part of their wonderful policy. Deny returns to people with ridiculous slang

•   Dec 05, 2017

@Chiechie2 People will be treated the way they act, and when you act and talk like an uneducated [censor] you will be treated like one.

Dec 07, 2017

@Wine Is Good Right... I knew it was going to be pointless responding to someone who didn’t get wat my complaint was about in the first place but I just had to say something when you implied had I just gone to the same target location I would’ve gotten my exchange. But since you know better, ok...

Dec 03, 2017

Did you change ownership of your account? Your original complaint was fairly grammatically correct, but your comments have devolved into a lot of slang and poor grammar.

Dec 04, 2017

@pobarjenkins if the people commenting can’t understand my complaint which is fairly grammatically correct according to u, they don’t deserve a grammatically correct and intellectual response

•   Dec 06, 2017

@Chiechie2 You obviously had a change of ownership. The first book you wrote was decent: you had correct syntax, the grammar was fair. OMFG, it's a completely different story when you got into the comments section. Either you hit your head, or you changed ownership of the account.

@aja1jenkz Another grammar police! Welcome

•   Dec 07, 2017

@Chiechie2 That doesn't even make sense. You need to go somewhere .

@aja1jenkz Grammar police with no sense of humor

Dec 07, 2017

@aja1jenkz Where is this somewhere?

•   Dec 07, 2017

@Chiechie2 We may not have a sense of humor, and who would with your [censor] grammar? But you have no sense whatsoever.

Dec 11, 2017

@Wine Is Good I’m the one with no sense? Who keeps coming back to this thread to comment? Give it up, all ur comments from the get go were pointless.