Talbots / Poor customer service

1 Bellevue, ID, United States Review updated:

It was my first time into a Talbots store. I have some neighbors who are avid shoppers and after much encouragement I heeded to their advice. Immediately I was greeted by this salesgirl who was well dressed and well spoken. I made sure I made note of her name "Naz" as she immediately remembered my name. She kept on checking on me while I was in the fitting room and making sure that I had all the right sizes. I also noticed she was busy attending to other customers and she was just as energetic and gracious with them as she was with me. I appreciated her honesty and suggestions when trying on different outfits. As she walked me to the register she got stopped by another customer who needed some assistance. I waited at the register where there was no line but there was a salesgirl named Nancy standing by the register who did not acknowledge me and then finally walked off. A few minutes later after Naz had helped out the customer she quickly came back to me at the register and apologized that I was still waiting. I assured her that it wasn't her fault and I admired how attentive she was to all the customer's needs. As she rang me up she was a delight to talk to. When she handed me my bag I asked if they worked on commission and she said they did not and that it was her pleasure to help me. It is rare to find such authenticity in sales person. She was a gem! However, I came into the store a few weeks later and the other salesgirl Nancy was there and now that she wanted to make a sale she was completely phony. I wanted to remind her how rude she was a few weeks before! So ladies look out for an elderly white-haired angry-looking salesgirl and if she's there shop another day because even if you do not want her help she will follow you around. Great store otherwise.

Sh
Jul 19, 2015

Comments

Ke
  19th of Jul, 2015

I like how you call the sales people girls when you are acting like a child. If you were an adult you would know that the sales person is not a mind reader and you should speak up and say you are ready to check out. If you cannot do this than shop with a parent. She was not rude to you, you just need someone to speak up for you and ask for help for you since you are so incompetent and cannot do that yourself. My guess is you are four years old?

Re
  19th of Jul, 2015

Anybody that is old enough to hold a job is a young adult, not a girl.

Ju
  6th of Nov, 2015

I was shopping at Talbots in North Brunswick, NJ and usually I have always had very nice sales people to deal with until today, November 6th, 2015. I had a blonde haired lady helping me and she was no help at all. The pants I tried on were too big and she never came in to find out how they fit me. I had to GET DRESSED AGAIN and bring them out and then she came back to get the right size and disappeared again She could not have cared less about helping her customers but she did care about going to get a batch of cookies which she placed by the couch. That was obviously more important than taking care of her customers!!!