Swiss International Air Lines / damaged luggage no refunds
On 30rd Of November I traveled from Brazil to Oslo with Swiss airline, when I arrived at home from the airport on 1st of December I realized that my luggage has been Damaged during the flight.
Then started a long process to report the damaged and to ask for a refundi.
After comunicating with different departments I was directed to speak with
email@example.com, after several emails and informations exchanged, the consultant Victoire Mazakala from
Customer Feedback Services / R1C, on 8th of December sent me the follow email as a result of my case:
"Case no. 1712-LX-00342
Dear Mrs. Souza,
Thank you for replying to me.
On behalf of SWISS, please accept my apologies for the damage to your baggage. Airlines generally reimburse the costs for repairs to damaged baggage. If the item is not worth being repaired or cannot be repaired, we will reimburse the current value of the item. We base our calculation on an annual depreciation of 10% per year.
I hereby, confirm the transfer of NOK1800 for your bag that is 1 year and a half old. This amount will be credited to you within fourteen days.
I wish you many pleasant flights with SWISS in future.
Customer Feedback Services / R1C
Swiss International Air Lines Ltd.
P. O. Box 2013
In the email above she told me that the money would be transfered to me in maximum 14 days, but until now I didnt received anything. I have sent 3 emails already to them since 23/12 but they did not reply.
So, I come here to ask for an explanation and also to know when I will receive the refund that was promised.
Looking forward to hear ftom you,
Following is all the informations :
Case no. 1712-LX-00342
My name is Paula Guimaraes Marques de Souza
Address: Lisgrenda 83 3528 Hedalen, Norway
Mobile: +47 [protected]
Ticket reference number: L25XBU
flight Sao Paulo (GRU) - Oslo (OSL)
30/11/2017 LX 93
01/12/2017 LX 1216
Bag Identification Tag number: LX 55731
reference for your damage baggage DPR OSLLX11093
More Swiss International Air Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Swiss Air - no full refund given 
- Swiss International Airlines - They didn't honour their word 
- Swiss Air - Racism 
- Swiss Air - Dreadful service, Missing luggage 
- Swiss Air - Theft from checked in baggage 
- Swiss International Air Lines - pathetic staffing and consideration for customers
- Swiss International Air Lines - seat reservation
- Swiss International Air Lines - luggage bag damaged
- Swiss International Air Lines - swiss air changed my flight dates from one day flight to a long layover flight
- Swiss International Air Lines - luggage misplacement