Super 8 Motel / turned away

United States Review updated:
Super 8 motel at 201 hess dr monette, mo

I asked the rates and the lady said where are you from. I said i'm from wheaton missouri [which is a 20 minute drive away and is long distance] she said i'm sorry our policy won't let us rent to a local. [now i have had a hard day and i am tired] i said wheaton is not local besides i live in hartford iowa. She repeated her earlier statement. I said look here is my drivers license it is from iowa. I am down here working on some property that was damaged by water. Again she repeated her statement. I again said look i am not a local [she cut me off and said she didn't want a confrontation with me] i just shook my head and left.

I would like this person reprimanded and i would like some compensation for the embarrassment i received and for having to look for another place to rest. This happened 06/02/07

Please email me your reply.

N  4th of Feb, 2008 by
" asked the rates and the lady said where are you from. I said i'm from wheaton missouri" first of all you say you're from wheaton, then you're from Iowa? I wouldn't rent you a room either, you lied about where you were from.

Most hotels that have the "no local" policy is because they have problems with locals. 20 mins away is considered local. Locals will come to those ghetto places and deal drugs, whore around, and tear up the rooms. I worked at a Super 8 and 99% of all the locals had issues.

The hotel I work at now does not accept cash at check in, which is really nice because the riff-raff does not come in.
N  10th of Jun, 2008 by
On June 8, 2008 we stayed in a Super 8 Motel. We checked in around 16:00 and was asigned room 115. The temp was in the 90's so we turned the A/C on to find out that it didn't work. We let it run for 4 hours then called the desk only for them to tell us that this is all the better they work. With my many medical problems I had to put ice in a wash cloth to try to keep cool. After another hour we were moved to another room which was a smoking room, (both of us do not smoke). We got a room which was reserved for smokers. Upon our move there were no towels or wash cloths in this room. We feel we were down graded in our reservations to this room which made our stay in the Super 8 Motel a very unpleasent stay. It seems as if the rooms at this motel should have been closed down to save Super 8 Motels losses. So now we await whatever your decision might be in our losses for staying in the Super 8 Motel in Beechwood, Ohio.
D  31st of Mar, 2009 by
On march 21-22 we went to women state bowling i had made rev. on the 800 # and got and employdiscount rate.plus called for my mom and daughter wwitch they both got employe rate too... Any way when we ck in our rate on our paper we for $38.88 plus tax.thne we got home 2 days later all our CCards were charged $ 71.00 and the manger of the hotel the one that checked us in.. Then ck us our too..Long story short don't stay at the Super 8 Motel in CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA SITE # 8488 they steal you blind right out of ur ck book with out knowing ur paying another rate..when get told one rate. and no refund either till this day..the manger name was Nina..i think.
Thank You Tina Adams Keokuk.Iowa