Sunwing / flight delay/no communication
We were to depart Vancouver at 1:55p.m. on a flight to Cuba and were told to arrive 3 hours before the flight. We arrived 5 hours before the flight and the departure time said it was on time. Just about 10 minutes later, the board said it was delayed to 3p.m. There were no Sunwing employees or a Sunwing desk in Vancouver! And there was only an answering machine when we called the Sunwing phone number. By the time we finally saw them starting to check people in, the flight was then delayed to 6p.m. By the time we left Vancouver, it was almost 8p.m. We were in the Vancouver airport for 11 hours. The airlines employees told us that it was due to weather that it was so delayed. But when we finally took off, the captain told us a crew member was sick in Cuba and they couldn't take off until another crew member was flown back to Cuba! Later during our stay in Cuba, we were told that the crew member was in jail!! Not sick!! We lost basically a day's stay at our resort and now have to fight with tripcentral.ca to get a refund on a missed day at the resort which adds up to $320! They are giving us the run around and telling us that it's Sunwings problem. Now were are dealing with our credit card company and withholding payment until we are compensated!! Wish us luck!!
The bottom line...Don't fly Sunwing...Don't book with Tripcentral.ca Do your homework and read all there is to read about your airlines/travel agent BEFORE you book!
More Sunwing Complaints & Reviews
- Sunwing Airlines - severe flight delay & cruel treatment 
- Sunwing Vacations - lost luggage 
- Sunwing - official complain 
- Sunwing - horrible service and delayed flight 
- Sunwing - horrible service 
- Sunwing Travel Group - price drop guarantee not claim refused
- Sunwing Travel Group - flight delay of almost 3 hours 
- Sunwing Travel Group - customer service
- Sunwing - flights, hotel and representatives
- Sunwing Travel Group - the sunwing rep that screwed up my vacation