SunTrustBank / why won't suntrust accept my offer???

suntrust bank
I just can't believe this suntrust bank!! I need some help and advice here on this topic. I owe suntrust bank just a little over $4000.00 and I wrote to their collection dept that I would like to settle this debt with a one time payment of $2000.00 and guess what, they have declined my request to accept this offer. I can't believe this. They insist I should settle whatever I owe in full. This is unbeleivable!!! I think suntrust bank is really up to something. Good people out there if you plan on opening an account with suntrust this is a word of caution. Beware, because they will nickle and dime you and at the end of the day you won't get help from no where. I never thought suntrust would ever do something like this to me. I am dumbfounded. Why won't they take my offer???

N  4th of Mar, 2009 by
They have the right to refuse!! Just like any other bank! I've have made offers to settle with other financial institutions and guess what...???? I was denied! So, it's not just Suntrust!
D  11th of Mar, 2009 by
Wait...you mean a place you owe a debt to does not have to take an offer for less than the debt...that you actually have to pay what you owe???? What a novel concept!
N  7th of Nov, 2009 by
You're an IDIOT!!! It sounds like you're the freakin' crook here buddy!
D  18th of Nov, 2009 by
How about you give me that 2000 dollars as loan for 2 days and I will give you offer to settle for 1000, would you take it????
STOP BEING A JERK, be a man pay 2000 and pay rest as installement with INTEREST
D  3rd of Jun, 2010 by
You have a right to request a settlement, but you do not have a right for them to accept it. Deal with it.

I've had debt issues too (in the past) and sometimes life sucks.

SunTrust Banks Logo SunTrust Banks