SunTrustBank / why won't suntrust accept my offer???

1 Nashville, TN, United States Review updated:

I just can't believe this suntrust bank!! I need some help and advice here on this topic. I owe suntrust bank just a little over $4000.00 and I wrote to their collection dept that I would like to settle this debt with a one time payment of $2000.00 and guess what, they have declined my request to accept this offer. I can't believe this. They insist I should settle whatever I owe in full. This is unbeleivable!!! I think suntrust bank is really up to something. Good people out there if you plan on opening an account with suntrust this is a word of caution. Beware, because they will nickle and dime you and at the end of the day you won't get help from no where. I never thought suntrust would ever do something like this to me. I am dumbfounded. Why won't they take my offer???

Comments

• Wh
      4th of Mar, 2009

They have the right to refuse!! Just like any other bank! I've have made offers to settle with other financial institutions and guess what...???? I was denied! So, it's not just Suntrust!

• Ph
      11th of Mar, 2009

Wait...you mean a place you owe a debt to does not have to take an offer for less than the debt...that you actually have to pay what you owe???? What a novel concept!

• Co
      7th of Nov, 2009

You're an IDIOT!!! It sounds like you're the freakin' crook here buddy!

• Wi
      18th of Nov, 2009

How about you give me that 2000 dollars as loan for 2 days and I will give you offer to settle for 1000, would you take it????
    STOP BEING A JERK, be a man pay 2000 and pay rest as installement with INTEREST

• Bg
      3rd of Jun, 2010

You have a right to request a settlement, but you do not have a right for them to accept it. Deal with it.

I've had debt issues too (in the past) and sometimes life sucks.