Sundance Vacations / Material Misrepresentation

1 264 Highland Park BlvdWilkesBarre, PA, United States
Phone: 1-(800)-220-9400

I signed up with Sundance Vacations back in November 2014 at their New Jersey branch. I had won a free trip at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey but they asked me to come in to see the presentation.

After the presentation, which already wears you down as it is, they sit you down with a representative who will grind you down with questions. I felt worn out, the sales rep was really enthusiastic and the deals started to sound great so I signed up with them. I decided to use one of the vacation weeks with a couple of friends in the spring. The room was OK but it definitely was missing a few accommodations that they had listed it would include.

After making several payments to them after signing up I decided to cancel for the following reasons:

1) The sales rep promised me that there wouldn’t be any hidden or maintenance fees being made to my bank account, however that was completely false. Later on I realized there were a couple of amounts being taken out of my account that were not part of the payments I agreed to give them. This is practically material misrepresentation.

2) The monthly automatic payments that were being made to them were not being withdrawn on a constant basis as stated on my agreement. Even my bank told me that those same payments were sporadic.

3) Sundance Vacations failed to inform me, in writing, about my 3 day Right of Rescission at the time that I signed the contract. However in the contract it states that the agreement is not subject to any Right of Rescission and may not be cancelled, yet that is completely false. This then makes my contract automatically null and void.

Now that I am trying to cancel after discovering these inaccuracies they are giving me a hard time. They won’t communicate with me via writing, which reputable companies would usually do to protect themselves and the costumer, and insist on calling them which I keep telling them over and over again I won’t do.

All I want to do is cancel my membership and get a full refund.

Cq