Suddenlink / extremely poor quality and service

1 NC, United States Review updated:

We started our service with Suddenlink December 1, 2008. It lasted pretty good for 5 days. From December 6, 2008 until the present ( and future I am guessing now), I have not gone an entire day without my phone service and internet going out. I or my husband have called every day for the last almost month now. Evidently it is a problem other people in my area are having as well. Suddenlink just keeps logging the trouble calls and they either show up to fix it or they don't. Either way, it continues to happen. Now we just moved from somewhere else where all we had available was Embarq. I was a little more expensive, but my God, not once in 10 years did my phone go out, not even during Hurricane Floyd! When I call to complain and beg for a permanent fix, I get treated like crap and it is normal and just something I am supposed to deal with. I don't think it's normal for me to have service disruption on a daily basis. Do you?

Kim Crocker

Comments

• Pe
      7th of Jan, 2009

I'm with Suddenlink. More on me here: http://www.suddenlink.com/about/executives/abel/.

Are you in the New Bern, NC area? If so, there was an issue affecting a number of people in that area, but I understand that issue was corrected yesterday (1/6/09).

Has your service improved? If not, please email me directly and I will get you in touch with senior managers in your area. My email is: pete.abel@suddenlink.com.

Thanks.

• Id
      10th of Jun, 2009

i live in east texas and must say the technicians are all realated so therefore if one messes up the others are not going to say anything.my internet/cable has been messed up from day one.the supervisors and corporate office wont do anything cause they are all in on it together. the customers want what they pay for but suddenlink just wants the money.and they pay their technicians to do nothing

• Su
      12th of Jun, 2009

Hi! I am with Suddenlink. If you are having service issues, I am here to help. Please email me at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com.

• Do
      16th of Jun, 2009

my service is still messed up, a tech came out yesterday and did nothing but make excuses, and he is suppose to be the best tech in center tx, (RIGHT).the second tech will at least admit that he doesnt know what he is doing (and getting paid to know nothing)and the third tech doesnt know anything but he wont admit it.If you live in the center tx area and have cable/internet problems goodluck on getting it fixed, and if the technician doesnt show up by 4:30 then he isnt going to cause by that time they leave for home.they close out jobs as being fixed, or nobody home, they go to other customers homes and sit and discuss other customers with them, or you can find all 3 techs eating lunch together and slandering suddenlink customers.

• Su
      16th of Jun, 2009

Hi doodle. I am with Suddenlink. I see you are having service issues. I would be happy to look into your account and get your service issues resolved. Please email me at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com.

• Sp
      14th of Jul, 2009

this is the mess the techs did not bother to remove from my home months ago

• Ts
      4th of Nov, 2009

Guys!

Just cancel your SuddenLink service like I did.

A reliable ISP cant be beat.