Suburban Propane / Prices and Service
My last propane delivery (2/12/10) was billed at $3.939 per gallon. Average costs of other companies is approximately $2.75 per gallon. Thus, for 200 gallons my charge was almost $240.00 above market price. The local Suburban Propane company told me that their price was competitive and offered no explanation for the difference other than that they believed competing companies were giving me "introductory prices". When I checked this out each company said that was not true. Also, the gauge on my tank does not work and Suburban has been unwilling or unable to fix it for 21 years. As with everyone else, I am a captive customer. Since Suburban "owns" my tank I cannot use another supplier and the cost of digging up and replacing my current tank is more than I can afford. As far as I can tell, there are no regulatory agencies and no recourse. Since I cannot buy at market price I fear that I can be charged whatever Suburban wishes.
Does anyone know a way out of this mess?
More Suburban Propane Complaints & Reviews
- Suburban Propane - Overall service and ethics 
- Suburban Propane - Price gouging 
- Suburban Propane - TANK FEE & PICKUP FEE 
- Suburban Propane - Pricegauging Unfair Practices 
- Suburban Propane - Prices
- Suburban Propane - service
- Suburban Propane - suburban propane service in general
- Suburban Propane - propane delivery
- Suburban Propane - excessive fees
- Suburban Propane - propane prices, billing, monopoly