Suburban Propane - - Boise, ID / Price Gouging

1 Boise, ID, United States Review updated:

Have been a customer of Suburban Propane for about 9 years. Over that time, I'm embarrassed to say I have diligently paid my bills each time while trusting that I was being dealt with in an honest manner by the company.

My last bill, dated November 30, was an astonishing $1690 for a tank fill. I've grown accustomed to large early-season fills, but not of this magnitude. When I looked at the price per gallon of $4.29 it seemed high, and a number of phone calls to others in Boise, Idaho showed prices ranging from $2.35 to $2.55 for route delivery of propane. The Suburban Dealer in a community just over 100 miles away (Twin Falls, ID) is offering the same service for $1.85 per gallon.

When I called their office, they offered to reduce it first to $3.50, then to $2.99. Not much of a reduction.

This is extremely troubling for reasons beyond the obvious of paying so much for the fuel. How many people do as I do--steadfastly pay their bills on time, not knowing that a provider of a service such as heating fuel is applying higher prices arbitrarily?

I told them to come get their tank, while I investigate my rights pertaining to paying for unused fuel.

If you live in Idaho and are being serviced by Suburban Propane, watch your bill carefully and better yet, switch providers.

Suburban Propane - - Boise, ID

Km

Comments

• Ai
      31st of Aug, 2012

Once you are locked into their contract you will get the honor of paying $1.00 to $1.50 per gallon more than any other propane company's customers. Go with V1 or Ed Staub if you want to be treated well and not be price gouged. Oh yeah, no one else makes you sign a contract!