StubHub / They are dishonest and cold to their customers

I placed a bid on tickets to game 4 of the World Series last year. My bid totaled over $900.00. Two days after I bought the tickets I had a family issue that made it that I couldn't attend the game. I called Stub Hub to see if I could retract the bid. They informed me I could not. I then asked to speak with a manager and he told me the same thing. It was unfortunate and I was upset but ultimately I understood. The manager I spoke with told me that since the auction was ending at 11:00 am on the day of the game and the tickets were e-tickets I could easily re-sell them on Stub Hub or even Craig's List if I were to win the auction. I ultimately decided to sell them on Craig's List. I even had a buyer lined up. Once I won I would e-mail him e-tickets once he paid me. I wound up winning the auction and I waited and waited for my e-ticket e-mail from Stub Hub. The e-mail never came. What did come was an e-mail explaining to me that Stub Hub could not provide me with the e-tickets that were advertised in the listing because of an "error". The e-mail explained that I needed to go down to the ballpark with my ID and the Credit Card I used to purchase the tickets. This was an impossible for me to do. I couldn't have my buyer go down there and get them because the tickets needed to be picked up by me with the two aforementioned pieces of ID. I eventually wrote Stub Hub to complain about the e-ticket switch-up and they told me that I could have whoever was going to the game pick them up but I had to give them the person's information. This was not feasible. Stub Hub’s response e-mail also didn't get sent back to me until about an hour before game time. Stub Hub did not care when I called them originally to try and back out of my auction bid. They didn't care why I couldn't go. They kept on going on and on about their guarantee. The fact that I had been a loyal paying customer of their company for over 5 years didn't factor into anything. They also royally screwed me over by not delivering my tickets to me electronically like the listing said they would and by waiting so long to respond to my complaint. You really shouldn't deal with these people. They could care less about you and what you want. Their guarantee only protects YOU the fan until it inconveniences Stub Hub. Then you are on your own.

Comments

• St
      2nd of Mar, 2010

Hi. I’m Gregg Dispenza with StubHub’s Executive Customer Care Department. I can totally understand your disappointment and frustration in this situation and will do my best to address your concerns.

Since we are a secondary marketplace, all of the tickets listed on our site come from individual sellers. When a bid was placed on an auction, it was considered intent to buy and therefore, the bid became a binding contract until the prospective buyer’s bidding range was exceeded. Similarly, with non-auction listings on our site, orders are considered commitments and that’s why the bottom of every web page states that all sales and bids are final. As the auction format was not very popular with our customers, that type of listing is no longer available on StubHub.

For most Major League Baseball events, we are able to integrate with MLB in order to have the barcodes on the seller’s tickets invalidated and new barcodes created for our buyer. This eliminates the potential of two sets of tickets for the same seats being used. In the rare instance where the new barcodes are unable to be created, our only option, per MLB, is to have the tickets set for pickup at the venue’s Will Call window. Should someone else be picking up the tickets, other than our buyer, we need to report that information to the venue.

We certainly want our customers to have as seamless an experience as possible when ordering tickets on our site. Without knowing the specifics of your situation, I’m not able to provide a more detailed response at this time. As such, I’m hoping we could look at this order together in detail. That way, we can see exactly what happened and if there is anything I can do to provide a more satisfying resolution. Please send an email to yourfeedbackmatters@stubhub.com, Attn: Gregg, with the order number or the email address that your account is set up with. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks !

Sincerely, Gregg Dispenza.

• St
      11th of Mar, 2011

StubHub is just part of the Ebay MONOPOLY!!! END STUBHUB'S FRAUDULENT PRACTICES!

27th of Apr, 2013

Your company has used the excuse that you sent a check to Major League baseball and it is their fault I was not paid. All I know is I sold two tickets to see the Yankee's Vs the Washington Nationals MONTH ago and never got paid. Jim Cech