Steve Madden / My account had several holds for online purchase

1 Palm Beach Gardens, FL, United States

I had purchased three pairs of shoes from Steve Madden online for a total of $95.29, including s&h. A day later, they shipped out one pair. Later that day, the other two pairs were shipped out. I then check my bank account online only to find out they have two holds on my account, one for $95.29 and another for $57.00. I call customer support to figure out the issue. They tell me that The company has to put these holds on your account to insure the funds are available for payment. The $57 hold is for the two pair of shoes shipped out together. And then the customer support rep tells me my account will have ANOTHER hold of $32 dollars or so for the 2nd shipment. Why on earth do they need to put all these holds on my account, I never got a straight answer, since it was some Indian people who kept answering the phones...WTF?!? Can't anyone in America speak English anymore...no! ...not spanglish...ENGLISH please! So anyhow the customer rep tells me the $95 hold will not authorize but will be removed once the $32 charge hits my account. Unfortunately b-c of all these holds Steve madden had on my bank account, my account was NSF. My bank then charged me and OD fee...this is just not right. Why on earth did Steve Madden need to put all these holds on my account. So I tried calling customer support AGAIN to complain, only for them to tell me that "that is just how our system works." What a great answer...To me this does not seem legal. The company put almost $150 in holds on my checking account, even though my order was only for roughly $95 dollars...

Kr